Real talk | Page 6 | Vital Football

Real talk

€2m transfer fee, €31k weekly wages, no goals scored, one own goal - da Costa

The first attacker in forest history to leave having a negative goal scoring record
Dread to think how much we have lost on him. Possibly a worse signing than Bong all things considered.

many of these younger players seem the same nowadays, as tho academies are 'breeding' athletes but with no real 'street' winning mentality, diakhabys, semedos, de costas, even 'top class' players like the Rashfords of the game

€2m transfer fee, €31k weekly wages, no goals scored, one own goal - da Costa

The first attacker in forest history to leave having a negative goal scoring record

Where is that from Jock?

He was on nothing like that wage at Strasbourg; according to one website he was on 6.5k per week

https://sillyseason.com/salary/rc-strasbourg-alsace-players-salaries-129620/

Now those figures quoted may be an educated guess; what is not a guess is the fact that Strasbourg's yearly wage bill is less than 10m.

For me to believe that we have signed him and increased his wage 5 fold, I would need to see the bloody contract; it just did not happen.

We all know how poor he has been but it serves no purpose to totally exaggerate the cost of that folly.

We have shipped 13 out with 13 coming in; I would seriously doubt if the wage bill has increased.

We may incur costs relating to paying players up to leave but the overall wage bill will have decreased.

Where is that from Jock?

He was on nothing like that wage at Strasbourg; according to one website he was on 6.5k per week

https://sillyseason.com/salary/rc-strasbourg-alsace-players-salaries-129620/

Now those figures quoted may be an educated guess; what is not a guess is the fact that Strasbourg's yearly wage bill is less than 10m.

For me to believe that we have signed him and increased his wage 5 fold, I would need to see the bloody contract; it just did not happen.

We all know how poor he has been but it serves no purpose to totally exaggerate the cost of that folly.

We have shipped 13 out with 13 coming in; I would seriously doubt if the wage bill has increased.

We may incur costs relating to paying players up to leave but the overall wage bill will have decreased.

The issue is there is every chance we'll need to keep repeating the process

Shipping out signings from Winter and now this window, not to mention those already here.

But that will always be the case while we sign players on short term deals.

We cannot really sign players on long term deals if we insist on getting rid of the manager every ten minutes, we end up with a large bomb squad; the exception to that is if they are young players with sell on potential.

People talk as if signing players is an exact science; it is far from being that.

All Clubs get things wrong with signing players, and most Clubs get far more wrong than we do.

The signings we have made this season are, on paper, a huge improvement on last season; that improvement in experience, quality and skill is clearly not enough.

Lamouchi probably found it easier coaching players who had something to fight for and something to prove; some of the new players probably think they have nothing to learn and nothing to prove; whatever it is, it is not working as it should be.

Did the Mendes contingent work to rule once EM fell out with him? Is that what sparked the Portuguese clear out?