Real talk | Vital Football

Real talk

the jock

Vital Football Legend
1. Manager needs to go
2. Squad isnt as good as some believe despite a big turnover and big sales in the past year (cash and appiah)
3. The club has been ran poorly in 2020 - atrocious january window and 22 dcms and CBS signed (the "bong" squad)
4. Where do we go from here? - we just backed a manager massively

Let's debate this. Is there a plan? Doest look like it to me. Not inspired or confident at all in this regime. Too erratic and failed in vital moments so far.

Watching Leeds play makes you realise how big the gap is between our squad and theirs, even whilst they were in the championship. This season will be about staying up and we need a strong manager who will get them up for it. All these signings over the years but our best players are our own youngsters....ie keep playing Mighten.Good idea to put some out on loan in div 1 though as we may need their experience in it for next season!

Watching Leeds play makes you realise how big the gap is between our squad and theirs, even whilst they were in the championship. This season will be about staying up and we need a strong manager who will get them up for it. All these signings over the years but our best players are our own youngsters....ie keep playing Mighten.Good idea to put some out on loan in div 1 though as we may need their experience in it for next season!
I don't think there is that big a gap, not at all.

A small number aside, their squad last season wasn't lightyears ahead of ours at all. They had no striker who could come close to Grabban.

It was about belief, work and the way they were coached to play

Come on, it cannot be about staying up after 4 games. That’s insane - it’s gotta be about getting a manager in to get us challenging with this squad.

A small number aside, their squad last season wasn't lightyears ahead of ours at all. They had no striker who could come close to Grabban.

Weird to look back to us beating them at the CG last season, and being in with a real shout of automatic promotion.

You have to say that failing to bring in two or three of the right players in January doomed us.

If we had Bielsa he would be using a few more of our own youngsters I reckon.Signing a whole brand new team was always gonna be a problem and not well thought out.

Come on, it cannot be about staying up after 4 games. That’s insane - it’s gotta be about getting a manager in to get us challenging with this squad.
Currently it's about us realising that if we don't halt this slide we will be in the shite! Will if you look at our form over the last 20 odd league games , about half a season,we would be going down.

SL had a go at the players on the Radio Nottingham after match interview. I never like to hear that.

I’d stick with SL and see what he can do to try and gel the team over the international break. From the radio commentary, the second half didn’t sound like the kind of clueless performance we’ve had when other managers are on the way out. However I realise that’s a minority opinion now and it’s getting harder and harder to justify not making a change.

Perhaps Pope but it is difficult to see someone coach all our players to be able to pass and move and be so up for it! They may not have had as big a squad but everyone in their squad was good with no dross.