Real Madrid V Tottenham Hotspur FC | Vital Football

Real Madrid V Tottenham Hotspur FC

I would expect Tripps to get the nod over Aurier. Toby and Vert nailed on. Davies is doubtful , Dembele and Wanyama not ready. That leaves Sanchez, Dier and Winks. Eriksen and Kane for sure. No Alli so Son may still play. That leaves one place and the defence is a worry. I can't see Vert covering like he did for Bournemouth as well at RM but he may have to . Sissoko could be in the mix somewhere.

idk who we play at LB / LWB for this one. Bit worrying to go there with both natural LBs out and Vert having just played an active full 90 in that position.

I didn't like Trippier there, definitely didn't like Son there and it's too big a game to experiment with KWP. Which leaves no one!

I think Vert probably best option but have a horrible feeling we'll see Trippier at LB.

So does anyone think we can do anything to them? I've missed watching the action lately, still in Uganda/Rwanda, fly home later. My first match back will be this one.
I rather think we can do something, maybe a surprise win?

It all depends if we try to press them or not, with the speed they have a highline would be suicide.

I would have like to see our best 11 give the a run for their money, too bad we have all those injuries.

RM at home are formidable. Spurs have a solid defence so if the stars align a draw is a possibility. If davies is out then Verts is best option at LB/Lwb. I am not a Trippier fan think he is one dimensional and not fast enough for this type of game Serge all day long at RB. Son has to start as dele is out and i'd give Sisoko the nod over winks as he has more Exp in these type of games and adds power and pace and is a better threat on the counter. The formation would be 352 like the one Mp played vs the Spammers. Coys

Just remembered Dele is out so winks plays in the middle of CE and Sissoko in midfield and Dier plays in the back three. Son and Kane up top.

If crosses from the wings are used to break them down we need Davies and Tripps. Diagonal crosses are hard to defend and if the wingers go to the box area it could weaken their defence in the middle. Davies was ill with a bug I think and they can take time to recover from.

Will be impressed if we get a draw. Doesn't get any harder than this. Massive test for the players and our manager.

I want to see some tactics used in the game. High press with a high line won't cut it against Madrid.

anything can happen in 90 minutes. I'm sure Toby and Jan will be relishing the chance to keep Ronaldo quiet. I'd take another performance like Dortmund where we ride our luck a bit but take our chances on the counter.

Poch scored against RM in year 2000. Shame about the mullet though. Header from way out looping over keeper. Diagonal free kick about 30 to 35 yards out. Could be an omen.

High press may be difficult to sustain given the altitude of Madrid. Also haven't seen any sign of pace from Sanchez nor Aurier (as Poch pointed out) . I thought we improved on Saturday when Sanchez was moved to the right and Toby took control in the centre but in spite of the stats our defence has looked dodgy lately benefiting from errors by the attacking sides. Constant injury problems have robbed us of consistency I feel and we have not yet been able to field our best eleven. Looks like a home banker to me but I live in hope that miracles do still happen.

Nick Real Deal - 16/10/2017 14:27

Rose and Dembele both travelled

Can only assume that is to maintain their training and fitness levels with the first team rather than being fit enough to be selected!

Harry-Karri. Miracles?
We do have a fella called Jesus as our assistant manager.

We don't need a miracle. We are a pretty fine team and we are more than capable of scoring at least the 1 more goal than Real do.

Dembele was experiencing discomfort so an injection could get him through it ? Not sure.

Rose could be back up I guess if needs must.

I think we have as much chance of beating these as Palace had of turning over Chelski at the weekend......oh, hang on....
TBH we do have a problem with the lb/lwb slot. You can be sure that Ronaldo is gonna try and do a number on whoever fills it. Any chance Poch will opt for a back four with Verts on the left? We are really going to miss Davies/Rose, Dembele and Wanyama in this one. I am a big fan of Winks and I really think this game could be the game that nails his place down for the rest of the season. I hope Poch has enough faith in him to start him over Sissoko.