Reading v Aston Villa - Match Thread - Sat 2nd Feb, 3pm | Page 22 | Vital Football

Reading v Aston Villa - Match Thread - Sat 2nd Feb, 3pm

Plenty of players have been injured through accidents though.

Nothing I saw Saturday or in the footage suggests to me that Mings did it deliberately.

And every player badly injured gets discussed, that's all I'm saying. Some will think it was an accident, some will think it wasn't. To do this twice looks amazingly clumsy to me. Pathetic even.

Just listening to Talksport. Micky Gray saying the FA need to re-view the Mings incident again and that bell end who sounds like Zippy encouraging some sort of public flogging.
If only Liverpool had won last that they would have spent the day talking about how wonderful all things Scouse are. Hopefully there will be something controversial tonight to take their minds of it

Can see another investigation into Mings, people slowing it down and guessing will always look worse.

There will be no new investigation. They've had one. They can't have another. Not unless new information appears, which there won't be.

Me, I think the bod falls at his feet as he's moving forwards, he jumps to clear him, he's going to come down again, and I can't see him putting that foot in any other place. Of course he could be extra skilful in engineering the whole thing. Think that's unlikely. But you can see why it's being discussed. Does raise an issue about studs.

In terms of intent, there's a few who have clattered Jack with the clear intention of doing him damage, and sometimes got away with it (think most clattering him don't actually intend damage) or had a yellow when it should be red. Think some refs sometimes have an attitude that if you're too skilful you should expect to be hurt.

Why are people still going on about this for god sake, now fat bastard Allardice is chiming in, sorry but I will not take analysis and moral lessons from a fraud and con merchant who should be in jail. Shouldn't they be making this type of fuss about Mourinho and the fact that he should be locked up in prison, no they wont will they.

There will be no new investigation. They've had one. They can't have another. Not unless new information appears, which there won't be.

Me, I think the bod falls at his feet as he's moving forwards, he jumps to clear him, he's going to come down again, and I can't see him putting that foot in any other place. Of course he could be extra skilful in engineering the whole thing. Think that's unlikely. But you can see why it's being discussed. Does raise an issue about studs.

In terms of intent, there's a few who have clattered Jack with the clear intention of doing him damage, and sometimes got away with it (think most clattering him don't actually intend damage) or had a yellow when it should be red. Think some refs sometimes have an attitude that if you're too skilful you should expect to be hurt.

They haven’t had an investigation. It was seen by the referee so no retrospective action can be taken.

I am sure some one has already said this but in truth only one person will know the truth of the matter and that is the player himself. Its pro sport and people do get injured and this type of situation happens from time to time in lots of contact sport. Sadly, most of the prats spouting forth on twatter wont have seen the incident or ever attended a live sporting event, its the times we live in.

Anyone remember when Merse had his face smashed up and pouring with blood when scoring for us? How about when Dion Dublin broke his neck? Kent Nielsen breaking the WBA player’s leg?
Difference? Internet and social media was in its infancy (and they played for Villa). Neither was deliberate and nobody made a fuss because freakin social media and the perpetually-offended-keyboard-warrior generation wasn’t born yet...

If it was Mings first offence it would not be a topic of conversation. It's just a freak that it's happened twice

I can imagine you all being this magnanimous and generous if this had been Robbie Savage doing it.

:grinning:

I can imagine you all being this magnanimous and generous if this had been Robbie Savage doing it.

:grinning:

Robbie Savage, that is one scum bag that I truely hope the worst happens to, someone who goes to a charity event and goes about winding people (Villa fans) up is a scummy piece of s**t, it really is a shame that the ponce never had a career ending injury, would be just for such an arse hole, it's the fact that he never stops, he doesn't have a day off, every time he pops his ugly block head up he is on the wind up, the bloke is lucky he doesn't drink down my end, he'd be battered every day, they don't take kindly to creepy little northern wind up merchants, how the odious little twat has a wife and kids and the fact his wife hasn't tried to kill him yet is beyond me.

Sorry rant over but I really hate the ****.

Robbie Savage, that is one scum bag that I truely hope the worst happens to, someone who goes to a charity event and goes about winding people (Villa fans) up is a scummy piece of s**t, it really is a shame that the ponce never had a career ending injury, would be just for such an arse hole, it's the fact that he never stops, he doesn't have a day off, every time he pops his ugly block head up he is on the wind up, the bloke is lucky he doesn't drink down my end, he'd be battered every day, they don't take kindly to creepy little northern wind up merchants, how the odious little twat has a wife and kids and the fact his wife hasn't tried to kill him yet is beyond me.

Sorry rant over but I really hate the ****.
Get off the fence south side

He is the worst pundit around, I'd even prefer to listen to a child for a game analysis over him, just the sound of his stupid voice makes me scramble for the mute button followed by either powering off or changing the channel, I really can't stand him, he brings absolutely nothing to a deabte other than to piss people off, guess that's why BT hired him as they like to piss people off too.

He's made a massive amount out of a very limited talent.

I can't be bothered to hate ... unless it suits me - like with certain managers! lol

This has gone way off topic.

Lets not start using the C word here btw.

:thumbup:

He's made a massive amount out of a very limited talent.

I can't be bothered to hate ... unless it suits me - like with certain managers! lol

This has gone way off topic.

Lets not start using the C word here btw.

:thumbup:

Sorry Fear, I don't usually use the C word and sorry for going off topic again lol

It’s an unfortunate incident which was dealt with by the match officials I presume. Having said that I’m certainly not against retrospective punishment when a clear misdemeanour has occurred. Judging intent is often difficult and sometimes impossible. I only hope Tyrone’s game isn’t affected by all the speculation.