Reading v Aston Villa - Match Thread - Sat 2nd Feb, 3pm | Page 21 | Vital Football

Reading v Aston Villa - Match Thread - Sat 2nd Feb, 3pm

I think because the facial injuries are so bad for what seemed an accident and innocuous incident. It's not as if the two of them had been having a running battle all game. The motive wasn't there was it ?

Certainly not for me Sil and in my mind IF Mings had wanted to leave something on him, he wouldn't have reacted with concern that quickly - he'd have more likely not looked back pleased with his efforts.

Dare I say, ala my memory of Keane on Hangeland - there's that moment of gloat from the red mist. Mings' reaction for me says everything.

But I can appreciate Oliveira's missus response as she'd have been concerned, understandably fired up and she learnt about Ming's and Ibrahimovic from somewhere didn't she - so how many were in her ear/social media calling for the death penalty and assuring her it was 100% deliberate.

True and without that new ground he will walk one day? it doesn't help to have a local council that remains firmly entrenched in the past and has made so many ridiculous decisions over many years.

Certainly don’t think he will stay long if he doesn’t believe that at least the training ground will be built eventually.

Let’s see if the change in shares recently finally moves things along.

It's become a big incident because some on twitter have made it so. No one really started talking about it until yesterday, it wasn't a big incident on Saturday , the reaction of their crowd and players shows that and the ref gave us a free kick.

If there should be an issue it should be with those "blade" studs that are used nowadays. Remember Rooneys gash on his thigh caused by them.

I think the picture doing the rounds as well added to it, it's pretty horrific. Agree re the studs, I thought certain types were banned, they shouldn't be able to do that much damage to an opponent.

Just think if we still had old Brucie he would be describing the whole situation as "social media hysteria" and it would be one of the few times he called it right:rotfl:

It's become a big incident because some on twitter have made it so. No one really started talking about it until yesterday, it wasn't a big incident on Saturday , the reaction of their crowd and players shows that and the ref gave us a free kick.

If there should be an issue it should be with those "blade" studs that are used nowadays. Remember Rooneys gash on his thigh caused by them.

You tell that to the player whose face has been mangled. Of course this was going to become an issue once there was a photo of his injury.

You tell that to the player whose face has been mangled. Of course this was going to become an issue once there was a photo of his injury.

Plenty of players have been injured through accidents though.

Nothing I saw Saturday or in the footage suggests to me that Mings did it deliberately.

It’s a horrible injury to Olivera, I don’t think Mings has done it on purpose you can tell by his reaction, but it was clumsy.

He’ll make a full recovery and be left with a scar. We’ve all got a few scars, difference is I wasn’t earning £15k a week for mine.

To intent no, but to an accident it shows you get on with it. It sounds harsh, but if you don't want the risk of injury, don't play sport.

It’s a horrible injury to Olivera, I don’t think Mings has done it on purpose you can tell by his reaction, but it was clumsy.

He’ll make a full recovery and be left with a scar. We’ve all got a few scars, difference is I wasn’t earning £15k a week for mine.

Let's not start comparing scars. Its one competition I am confident I'd win hands down.

Lol

Pathetic isn't it.

And if my memory serves I don't for a second think your photo was deliberate either Melon, in my mind it was an attempt for the ball that went accidentally wrong as well.

Funny how whipped up people get over slow mo's and bias!

Pathetic isn't it.

And if my memory serves I don't for a second think your photo was deliberate either Melon, in my mind it was an attempt for the ball that went accidentally wrong as well.

Funny how whipped up people get over slow mo's and bias!

I'd have to watch it again but I think i remember thinking at the time that he left his boot in.

I've got a vague memory of boot in but for the ball and he just mistimed as Cech was a touch quicker.

We all know what my brain is like but I've got that classed as stupid rather than intentional. But I definitely take the point that that unfortunate incident hasn't yet been referenced in what I've seen since the weekend.