Reading v Aston Villa - Match Thread - Sat 2nd Feb, 3pm | Page 10 | Vital Football

Reading v Aston Villa - Match Thread - Sat 2nd Feb, 3pm

Not at the moment. When he first came in we were playing good stuff. It has all coincided with Grealish getting injured, he really made things tick.

If it is the case we miss him that much, that is very worrying.

Extremely worrying but not surprising I think. Its the way we've operated for years. No thought beyond having 1 or 2 "star" players who are almost completely relied upon to win us games. Darren Bent, Benteke, Kodjia and now Grealish. Hopefully given a bit of time Smith can get us away from this and get us a proper team together but unfortunately it doesn't seem like it'll be this season. There's still hope for a play off spot as Jack's nearly back of course.

Smith surely can see which players are shit, yet he has done nothing to replace them.
Only plus points today -
Kalinic
Elphick
Mings
McGinn
Tammy

The rest were Sunday league standard at best.

Spot on Fulford, been like it for a while now. The other wankers upped their levels when Smith came in then got their cigars back out. Time to drop them. Oh and maybe play 2 up front

Smith surely can see which players are shit, yet he has done nothing to replace them.
Only plus points today -
Kalinic
Elphick
Mings
McGinn
Tammy

The rest were Sunday league standard at best.

Thing is Fulford, who do you replace them with? Who would you replace Hourihane with for instance?

It was always going to be hard in the January window. I think Smith needs the summer to sort this out.

With 6 of our remaining 8 home games against genuine promotion contenders, I think the atmosphere at Villa Park may get rather interesting before too long.

Next 4 at home - Sheffield Utd, West Brom, Derby & Middlesbrough
Next 4 away - Brentford, Stoke, Blues and Forest.

We will need a huge improvement to stay in the top half after those games.

Just shows the squad isn't good enough..missing jack a play maker...but relying on one player is how the squad is...ok we not conceded today is a good thing with the defence ....but we should beat these teams for any hope...not seen the game but...a draw isn't gona get you in play offs all the time...ok not his squad but...the talent that should be are not doing what they paid for..

We had chances. They didn't come off. It happens. As I said early on, it could be one of those games. It was.

Some positives. Our defence is looking better. Elphick and Mings could be a very effective partnership. Kalinic is a definite improvement. If we can get the attack back into gear when Jack's back then we could see real progress.

Thing is Fulford, who do you replace them with? Who would you replace Hourihane with for instance?

It was always going to be hard in the January window. I think Smith needs the summer to sort this out.

Why not during the game? But yes it is difficult. I bloody hope Grealish is ready to replace Hourihane tho

Smith played 2 up front at Brentford ( Maupay and Watkins), so why doesn't it do that here.

Problem is, not only have we got to replace the crap - Whelan, Hourihane, Taylor, Adomah etc, but we've got to replace Tammy & Grealish 'cause they ain't gonna hang around for another season.

I'm really pissed off!............

Hourihane could be replaced with anyone.

At this rate we will get a right battering at the sty.