Reading v Aston Villa - Match Thread - Sat 2nd Feb, 3pm | Page 11 | Vital Football

Reading v Aston Villa - Match Thread - Sat 2nd Feb, 3pm

I had to fight to stay awake through that.

I just do not get it one bit. About 6 games ago, Smith praised Kodjia to high heaven - and has benched him ever since.

He continually plays Whelan with Hourihane when everyone can see it. And now Jedi (who I personally like but he is NOT the future) is back in.

There is a reason why Bruce was sacked, and the players Smith is now picking is the reason.

Wouldnt be surprised if Elmo is back in next week.

Not good enough, we have about 10 under 23's playing for other clubs and at least 5 of them should be on our bench.

We will get hammered on Friday. I kept and keep saying, I will back Smith if I can see him planning for the future , well Hutton, Taylor, Elphick, Whelan, Jedi, Adomah is not planning for the future.

Abraham was getting no joy, Abraham has said himself he likes playing out wide - why not bring Davis on in the middle, Kodjia and Abraham each side, and either McGinn / Hourihane or the new kid behind at the end - nope, stick Jedinak on!.

Not sure the Football League would allow that though 57.

I would start Carroll, but I can just see it being lightweight for lightweight.

But a lightweight who has skill over one who basically only touches the ball when it is a free kick or corner. He never looks to have the ball any other time, watch him when we have a throw he makes sure he can't have the ball and its the same in open play he hides. Soon as we get a dead ball he's on it like a tramp on cold chips as it's a free stat.

Obviously, Carroll will play eventually we need a midfield 3 who want the ball and are comfortable on it like McGinn and Jack and I think Carroll will be like that or he'd better be

But a lightweight who has skill over one who basically only touches the ball when it is a free kick or corner. He never looks to have the ball any other time, watch him when we have a throw he makes sure he can't have the ball and its the same in open play he hides. Soon as we get a dead ball he's on it like a tramp on cold chips as it's a free stat.

Obviously, Carroll will play eventually we need a midfield 3 who want the ball and are comfortable on it like McGinn and Jack and I think Carroll will be like that or he'd better be

If you say so mate, I really don't know much about Carroll or what he's like, but Deano obviously wanted him for a reason.

I haven't seen the game so can someone do the player ratings this week,
please?
Obviously, Mcginn will be the top player as always :throw:

I actually thought that was a picture of Bruce, seems like the same crap Bruce would trott out too, not impressed Dean, stop picking crap teams!
I'm also sick of hearing Tammy missed a sitter a tap in a whatever, he needs to work on his finishing because the majortiy of his missed chances should have been goals.

Well that's the end of the run of easy games and we've made a dogs breakfast of it,
Next 8 games all look tough, we will do well to stay in the top half.
Smith I said when appointed , great he's a villa fan, but unconvinced by his CV / experience. Hope it works out of course but he needs to show his metal now