Reading & Norwich | Vital Football

Reading & Norwich

RebelBee

Vital 1st Team Regular
Great afternoon in the cold & wet MadStad on Sat, big numbers travelled and gave the team a noisy backing - especially 2nd half. Bees not at our best, but still more than decent and on another day, with better clinical finishing, we'd have walked away with a more convincing score line. Interesting tactically as Reading passed more than us, shades of a poor man's version of Warbs team - overplaying at the back - we pressed hard and high up the pitch and broke quickly. This was a big win as they have far better players than their results suggest. Vibe got the key goal and tormented them, but was guilty of missing a couple of far easier chances and really should have waked off with the match ball. Lots of great hard working performances, Mepham and Bjelland make us so much more solid. Nico was decent, Woods, Sawyers 2nd half, a couple of big stops from Bentley, Vibe a handful, jozefsoon pacy and direct. But the stand our player for me was Mokotjo, the general. His best game for us and really settling into this team now. If we do lose a big midfielder in the window this boy is the real deal and ready to slot in. Finally a shout to Canos, for all the good things we did it was his introduction that got us over the line, bristling with energy and passion and involved in the goal. Great scents when it went in, then at the end of the game.

No doubt a huge 3 points, safety is in sight and we can start looking upwards and potentially at the top 6. We have a lot of work to do and that poor start to make up for, more clinical finishing a must, tough games ahead too. But are we peaking at the right time? The turn out on Sat suggests that the fans sniff an opportunity. What a fickle lot we are, but good to see that the support is there.

So on to another big game at GP with Norwich, this needs to be a sell out and everyone must turn up to back this talented young team, they deserve it. We've not beaten Norwich at GP since our arrival in the championship, time to end that stat and a decent chance this time around given their form. We could have done without the negative media surrounding judgey this week. Comments twisted and used to unsettle the club by another journo trying to dig us out - they don't like us do they. In fairness Alan perhaps could have been a bit more careful with his comments, head down and he'll be back in the side in no time, Smith can't be disrupting team unity to change a winning side under pressure from the player.

Be nice to see comments from others on here, just to know the site is still used and read - come on people, there is loads to talk about.

COYB

Couldn't make the Reading game but seems it was a very professional win.

This season is building up like the 2014/15 season when play offs seemed more of a dream but then it happened. I think we have a stronger squad than back then and are the best footballing side in the division on our day, but will our day be often enough?

Looking at the table i think there realistically 8 teams fighting it out for 5th and 6th place. It is not a "must win" game tomorrow but a huge one nevertheless for our play off ambitions, if we win I think that will effectively rule out Norwich so I expect them to be quite expansive and go for it which will suit us.

As it stands it also looks like our squad will be intact after the transfer window closes which would be amazing.

Onwards and upwards at the moment.

Frustrating afternoon as we went down to a good strike (thought we could have shut him down better). We then settled down and matched them but couldn't really find a decent strike at goal

Second half we dominated as they went very deep but huffed and puffed a lot and struggled around their box against a good defence. Our build up play was very good but we ran out of ideas as soon as we saw sight of their goal.

Positives were seeing Judge back on the pitch and my first sight of Marcondes who looked to have something about him.

Excellent report, Rebel. Can't add much more to that except I admit I was yelling all sorts at Vibe for missing so many chances weakly and giving ball away so much, but he once again shoved my shouts back down my massive gob lol.

As Kent says, great goal but he should have been shut down, you could see what he was going to do from the moment he turned. Norwich played it the only way teams can at our place if they want anything from the game, just sit back and hit on break. Once again as Kent says we ran out of ideas. We looked a bit predictable after a while too. Judgey looked to be back to his old self, hassling getting involved in everything. New bloke was fifty fifty for me, some nice touches and some dodgy ones. But the big positive definitely Judge who looked to be the player he was even in his short time on the pitch.....I hope htat doesn't come back and bite me lol.