Reading game | Page 8 | Vital Football

Reading game

That's a good answer norm but that wasnt my question. Mine was are you prepared for Cook to stay in charge alongside survival or are you that desperate to be rid that you would accept relegation as the price to pay ? Hypothetical I know but which is more important ?

I'm resigned to the fact that Cook is going to see the season out with us, even if we do stay up i would expect him to be clearing his desk first thing on the 3rd May, two seasons in the Championship with him at the helm has took its toll on the fans.

And if we go down?......The feeling is still the same, Cook has already out stayed is welcome!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried to cover all bases with the post i left the other day (above) whether we stay up or get relegated Cook stays at the helm until the end of the season, then its time for a new manager for the start of next season.
Things have gone stale under Cook, the whole club needs a lift and freshening up.

No one is saying Naismith is a natural left back,your usual knee jerk reaction was to peddle the usual players in the wrong position nonesense! Did Pearce do anything last night that Naismith would have been unable to? Reading were so defensively inept he was never tested,indeed on his last appearance Pearce was picked out by Yourself and others as not being good enough in the home defeat!! Short memory you seem to have!

Let’s be blunt, he isn’t a left back. I’ve not been his biggest fan but he has done well at centre half and I’ll give him credit for that, especially so given his reaction to the deserved criticism in the reverse fixture. Forget all the talk about binging him back on the wing or even at left back. He’s now needed as centre half cover for the remaining 11 games, so should only be used solely for that purpose given the paucity of options we now have there.

No one is saying Naismith is a natural left back,your usual knee jerk reaction was to peddle the usual players in the wrong position nonesense! Did Pearce do anything last night that Naismith would have been unable to? Reading were so defensively inept he was never tested,indeed on his last appearance Pearce was picked out by Yourself and others as not being good enough in the home defeat!! Short memory you seem to have!
Boring it’s called playing players in the correct position if every one stays fit Naismith should be on the bench or maybe a bit further up the pitch but not in defence if every one is fit

Simple logic of if we signed him surely we must have thought he had something to offer otherwise we wouldn't have bothered paying his wages to sit in the stands. The Bournmouth fans said he was doing really well in their u23's and impressed on loan last season so sounds like something we'd want to have a look at.

Before yesterday Lowe, Jacobs and Massey have all been struggled to justify consideration for a start or a place on the bench and Gary Roberts hardly kicked a ball all season but gets on the bench despite us seemingly reluctant to use him. So i would think new signing who is apparently very quick and direct would be worth one of those 4 spots in the squad. Why not give him a try?

As I said there was no criticism intended. It was simply that I know little about the player having never seen him play and wondered why you were backing him for a place in the match day squad.

I would say however, that given the run we are on at the moment, I would be loathe to see us bringing on untried players, even though we know the lack of quality we have in that position. I suppose in my case it is a " better the devil you know" attitude.