Reading FC Fan Comments | Vital Football

Reading FC Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
It's another trip to the midlands to face the ever tricky trees next and they will present a difficult challenge to Reading in a fixture which doesn't usually yield very much for the hooped side of things.

Forest are certainly on the up after a terrible start to the season though are in a bit of a difficult patch at the moment having picked up just one point, from a visit to Derby, in their last three games and are entering a run of matches which seems them take on Norwich, Brentford and then Cardiff after this game.

After Chris Hughton's appointment late last year Forest slowly started turning their season around and went on a run of 7 wins and 4 draws from 14 league games helped, in part, by a couple of decent loan acquisitions in January (Filip Krovinovic from Benfica and James Garner from Man U) and the permanent deadline day signing of Glen Murray from Brighton.

Anthony Knockaert we all know is a big pain when playing against Reading. Lyle Taylor is another who needs to be watched and is Forest's leading goalscorer in the league though Forest's overall season to date means that 4 goals currently takes that honour.

They are already turning into Brighton old boys, Murray, Knockhart and Bong, none of whom are anywhere near the players they were a few years ago.

They will set up defensively, aware of our forward threat.

It will be a test, for obvious reasons: we are going to need to double up on Harry Arter and pray for the best. He can do absolutely anything on his day, and his days are pretty much every match. I am worried for sure but I think we can get something.

So good he hasn't even made the squad in the last 12 games, played 90mins three times and hasn't had a goal or assist this season.

Tom Holmes will be tested by Glen Murray and will need to keep his wits about him.

Murray is a name we shouldn`t be too frightened of, granted he`s had a good scoring record over the years but he`s 37 now and he scored 2 including a penalty in his first game against the might of Wycombe wanderers. he hasn`t scored since and the team has only scored 3 in those 7 games.

Forest have only scored 28 League goals in 35 games which is dreadful but they have conceded less than us with 34 against.

In their last 7 games neither side has scored more than 1 goal.

If we are winning comfortably and Aluko or Baldock come on, I would be quite happy and proud to have either name printed on my shirt if they manage to do a job on Knockfart. Nothing much......maybe just a Mings type effort.

Lovely passing move and decent cross from Olise.

Good to see Blacketts big money move to play Prem football is paying off. Same for Lyle.

Trying to be too intricate through the middle when there's balls on out wide.

We are too narrow. Get it out wide because Forest look vulnerable.

Close from Murray. Decent save.

Great run from Joao.

Shit shot unfortunately.

Lolley nearly sticks it in.

Game opening up, which could work out quite well for us.

Yeah we’ve just got to be a bit more solid defensively. Twice now Forest have been really close.

Lolley injured.

Good news for us Lolley has been direct and dangerous.

Bad news is that Knockaert is coming on.

He’s been shite this season though hasn’t he? Certainly wasn’t up to much in the game at our place.

That's a hammy. He'll be out a while.

Good sportsmanship from Forest.

I oxf*rd hate Knockart.

Cafu goes down like he’s shot, again.

That was pathetic from the officials, Cafu just threw himself to the ground and won a free kick.

Gunter school of defending.

Not a bad half. Some decent chances. Bit open at the back. No one really playing poorly. Just missing that clear cut chance to put away.

Puscas that was oxf*rd terrible.

Wtf Puscas???

0-1. Poor by Richards.

Has Ameobi ever had a decent game against a team that isn't us?

Who was it saying Murray was shit?

I don't even know what to say at this point.

Absolute shit at both ends Reading.

Think it might be one of those days. Played pretty well, had some seriously good chances, but get done by some shit defending.

I like the way Puscas looked for a divot to suggest the ball bobbled, when it was just the natural and predictable bounce.

Top save that from by Cabral.

One of those is going to scream past Cabral soon. Too much time and space for the long shot.

Yiadom should really have had a yellow for persistent fouling by now.

That last one at their end was a stone cold yellow on it's own.

Every time Forest lose the ball it's a foul according to these commentators.

Are we attempting the world record for missed clear cut chances?

There's another one. Awful finishing today.

This has Grabban 2-0 written all over it. I really really hope I'm wrong.

We've hit the post and Sone's rolled it at the keeper with his right foot. I'm gonna cry.

I know everyone loves to overeact after a loss, but am I the only one who isn't too disheartened by this? On another day we would've scored 5 already. Still in top 6 and good chance we will be going into the international break even if we lose in midweek. And Ejaria, Rino, Morrison and Swift still to come back.

I'm fine with it. Good pace to the game. Plenty of chances. Decent football. Just one of those days.

MEITE MAGIC!!!

That was oxf*rd garbage from Samba.

Samba must hate playing against us.

Bad luck Samba, you Wayne Kerr.

Terrible keeping.

We've had 21 attempts on goal so far.

This ref is fcuking jacked. Makes a change from some of the unathletic Middle Aged fatties that lurk around the centre circle all game.

We seriously miss Swift on free kicks.

We like a 1-1 with forest don’t we.

Could have been worse.

Draw a decent result. Probably fair. We had a lot of chances, but got to do better with them if you want to win.

We should have won but it’s not a bad point. We won’t be top two but in the context of making the play offs it’s an ok outcome.

Points dropped today.

We were generally shite. Yawned through the game.

Thought we did the most attacking but our keeper had more to do than theirs. Draw a fair result.

True. Some good saves from Cabral. Don't recall Samba doing much that wasn't pretty routine.

Shooting drills for the next 3 days.

23 shots, 7 on target. Seems a while since we created that many.

Yiadom MOTM.

As voted for by the Forest commentators?

Yeah it was getting a bit much. We get it. He should have had a yellow.

I thought the ref had a good game.

We had 59% 22 (7) attempts to their 15 (4) but our keeper had more to do and a draw a fair result, strange.

So we had three more chances on target. And our on target efforts were mostly routine saves, whilst Cabral had to pull off two or three quality ones.

Thought Forest played well in spells. They weren't poor at any point in the game. We really should have better with Puscas' opportunity, and of course, it's an irritating goal to concede. Was important not to lose after going behind, and we didn't. Generally happy with the result overall.

Steve Hodge thinks Forest should be grateful to get a point.

We hit the post twice. Very frustrating. I thought we played pretty well and just didn’t bury the chances.

Is that 4 matches in a row against us that Samba has cost them? Didn't they rate him as one of the best GKs in the league last season?