Reading Fan Comments | Vital Football

Reading Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Forest have spent bucket loads so will be a hard game, think a point somewhere Reading always seem to struggle would be a good return.

Ifollow working for anyone?

Nope.

We've had a shot on target already!

One shot on target equals the total achieved in the last 4 away games of last season. Might set a new record today.

As the away team, we've played ok I think. We don't look as organised as last week (prolly due to new formation). Forest have looked disjointed too, with all their signings. Problem is up front, where we look pedestrian. Their keeper has made one save (I think). Tbf, we haven't created much either.

Probably slightly better than expected so far, suggestions Derby and Forest would beat us comfortably, but both pretty tight affairs and unlucky to lose against the Rams.

Forest were average and took their only real chance.

Another game and another defeat. Forest away normally is so no real difference from any past season there. Last time we went there for an August fixture we lost 4-1 so an improvement on that.

Thought we played well for the most part and didn’t deserve to lose but it’s painfully apparent where we are going to struggle. So impotent up front.

Just got back. I really enjoyed that. Yes we lost, but we weren’t outclassed. We played well and created chances. Forest were no better or worse than us, they created a few half chances....but most of their best chances came from our mistakes. Grabban’s 1 on 1 with Vito, the close header and the goal. I thought Vito played well, but had little chance with the goal. Overall no need to panic yet, however obviously if we don’t start scoring a few more of our chances then it’ll be a long old season!!

In other words we’re fcuked.

Yeah, but in a really positive, much improved way.....

Barrow 5 - was marked out of the game didn’t have much joy at all but still managed to get into a couple of dangerous areas.

Barrow - Hardly in the game until late on. 5.

Referee utterly atrocious, beyond belief the amount of shit he let Forest get away with, to see he didn’t book one of their players is incredible.

Forest looked very average, won’t be causing anyone any trouble based on that.

Just got back. As others have said I didn't think we deserved to lose that.

Forest were very professional killing our breaks and delaying free kicks, the ref was a homer and should have at least booked their number 4 for two cynical tackles on a breakaway.

Forest were average, on that showing they won't do much this season. Their goal was from a defensive Meyler error rather than being the better side.

Glad I waited to post - in the hours after the game emotions were high & I felt we were robbed. In truth we weren’t robbed, but we certainly didn’t deserve to lose that - we looked the better in possession for sizeable spells of the game. It was a scrappy game but we were competitive throughout - a refreshing change from the shower we saw under Stam. Plenty of effort & an enjoyable game to watch IMO.

Forest were restricted to very little in the way of decent opportunities and the goal was well taken with little in the way of defensive errors.

I guess this proves that all football fans think refs are against their team. I thought we got nothing from the ref all game and Reading got some very soft decisions go their way

Was thinking the same me owd. I’m surprised they have had a go at the ref but as you said it just shows our bias.

I thought we looked leggy, without the energy & tempo of Tuesday ... probably due to having played an extra game.

They came for a point & I do agree, I thought the ref was poor.

I thought we looked leggy, without the energy & tempo of Tuesday ... probably due to having played an extra game.

for sure OKD. Gueddy was trying his best but it was clear he was suffering from fatigue . welcome break this week and give some fringe players a game tomorrow i hope.

the 2 Portuguese lads were tired in the wba game and it continued onto the reading game.

Exactly Jock... pre-season games just help with fitness and team familiarisation.

Reading played on the Friday - so, we've played a game extra in 1 day less and this does have an impact an this early stage of the season.

I would hope that we still focus on beating Bury, but we have to give a few players a rest, to ensure that they are fit & fresh for the game at the weekend!

He is behaving, normally for him.

I commented on a thread what must have been a week or two ago and he’s scrolled through all the threads to find said comment that was posted while he was abroad, and decided to make a comment about what i said.

Very normal behaviour I’m sure you’ll agree ?

He is behaving, normally for him.

I commented on a thread what must have been a week or two ago and he’s scrolled through all the threads to find said comment that was posted while he was abroad, and decided to make a comment about what i said.

Very normal behaviour I’m sure you’ll agree ?

Use ignore!