RCC | Page 2 | Vital Football

RCC

Again, only if we offered them the same or better deals than they were on.

Its quite possible offering terms and paying wages for 2, 3 or 4 months before any games are played, would outweigh any compensation we would be owed.

Best of luck to RCC (and Max if he does leave/has left).
Spot on if the club offer contracts then go under there is no dividend. Scally like many other chairman are trying to keep their clubs alive not build a team .In normal times wage demands probably go up as fewer players become available nearer the season .This coming season not only will clubs save by waiting. Wage demands will go down not up as the season is about to begin.

Last edited:
I understand the logic here but:

Bristol rovers are also waiting for news on when the new season starts. How come they MADE Ehmer an offer and we have not?

Is this all about paying wages before we have crowds? If that's it BR must have deeper pockets than us.

Bristol rovers are also waiting for news on when the new season starts. How come they MADE Ehmer an offer and we have not?

Is this all about paying wages before we have crowds? If that's it BR must have deeper pockets than us.

I think it’s been mentioned on here that Brizzle R have some wealthy new backers who have taken care of a £24 mill debt, got a new stadium in the offing, and are signing players left and right to go up the leagues.

Not sure we can compete with that even if we did have a few spare bob behind the sofa.

Rovers are taking a gamble.
We’re not even sitting at the table

Rovers are taking a gamble.
We’re not even sitting at the table
Interestingly WX posted in the Ehmer thread where this was discussed, but ended up talking about season ticket refunds, Scally’s remuneration and running out Tom Eaves’ contract.

Again, only if we offered them the same or better deals than they were on.

Its quite possible offering terms and paying wages for 2, 3 or 4 months before any games are played, would outweigh any compensation we would be owed.

Best of luck to RCC (and Max if he does leave/has left).

that’s how I see it too mate

Exactly that.

fag packet maths- if max is on £2k a week and the season doesn’t with fans until beginning of September (I don’t think it will be this soon btw) that’s £16k + national insurance down the drain.

we, and I suspect many other clubs can’t sustain that.

from a player point of view why wouldn’t you go somewhere that can pay you from July 1st rather than risk not being paid for a few months? Mouths to feed etc.

I rated him but Evans didn't appear convinced, who knows how it might have gone in normal cumstances. Good luck to him he'll definitely entertain wherever he goes. We tend to be late in announcing signings and this time I don't expect any until a new season is declared and made concrete.

I rated him but Evans didn't appear convinced, who knows how it might have gone in normal cumstances. Good luck to him he'll definitely entertain wherever he goes. We tend to be late in announcing signings and this time I don't expect any until a new season is declared and made concrete.
Evans stated in one of his interviews that RCC was probably the most talented player at the club, he just felt he needed to show consistency.

Scottish Prem - 3rd bottom. I've forgotten (never took any interest) about what's happening about relegation in that div.

Sorry to see him leave, I really liked him and think he's got a lot of potential.

Best of luck to him. Hope he enjoys his time in Scotland and gets enough game time to push on in his career.

Last edited:
Local rag states that Ross County took advantage of the English transfer uncertainty. Think there could be a few more players from the EFL lost to north of the border.

I think he’s going to need his long johns. Ross County play in Dingwall which is further north than Inverness. Methinks the young chap might be in for a bit of a shock.

Local rag states that Ross County took advantage of the English transfer uncertainty. Think there could be a few more players from the EFL lost to north of the border.
What’s the English transfer uncertainty, and why doesn’t it apply in Scotland too?

What’s the English transfer uncertainty, and why doesn’t it apply in Scotland too?
I guess it's to do with the fact they finished their season so haven't had to worry about extending contracts and all that. Whilst some of us here are done the continuation of the EPL, which, of course, drives everything else because they are all important, and the Championship and playoffs means we're all still "in limbo". Hence why we're waiting on Max and Max is probably waiting to see what offers will be forthcoming.