RCC to return? | Vital Football

RCC to return?

Hope so, as, IMO, we are a much better attacking side with RCC in the line-up. Zak back would also be a massive boost, especially as Posh are banging in more goals than any other L1 side !

A bit concerning that we are already pinning our hopes on one kid who’s had a couple of half decent games for us!

A bit concerning that we are already pinning our hopes on one kid who’s had a couple of half decent games for us!

We have been far more reliant on him going forward than we should have been. Due also in part to Pazza being out injured at the same time. Having both back should give us a lot more going forward - Lovell just needs to play a formation that also works defensively (which he hasn’t so far managed to do this season).

Lovell says in the Medway Messenger that with RCC playing, it gives him the chance to play the system he wants to play, but he doesn't say what that system is. If Zak's back then I'm much more optimistic about beating Posh. COYG

Lovell says in the Medway Messenger that with RCC playing, it gives him the chance to play the system he wants to play, but he doesn't say what that system is. If Zak's back then I'm much more optimistic about beating Posh. COYG
It’s the midfield diamond with RCC at the point of the diamond. He said on the radio it’s his favourite system and dates back to when we had Dack in that position.

Think you're right, Lark, that was the system SL was referring to. The problem I have is that that system is causing us all kinds of problems defensively. It's nieve to think that we can play that system without Dack in it and think we will be as effective going forward without a thought of how exposed it is leaveing us defensively. Dack was a one off, to good for this league, not only in terms of ability but his reading of the game, but knowing when to drop into midfield, his timing of runs and his goalscoring ability. Not saying RCC cannot do job for us but IMO at the moment regardless of personnel, the diamond midfield is causing more problems that its solving, and will continue to do so even with RCC back on Saturday.

I'll make a prediction now. We'll start 4-1-2-1-2 and struggle to get hold of the ball, get outnumbered in midfield, our full backs will get exposed in wide areas, well'll concede a couple of goals, the crowd will get frustrated and then we'll change our system to something more compact (probably go 4-4-2) after about half an hour with the game already over.

Last edited:
RCC is fast and takes people on. He`s even better when Hanlon is in the team as they`re similar players and the opposition have to deal with them both speeding along the flanks.

Tomorrow`s game is an attractive fixture. The return of Zak and RCC is something to look forward to and if he and Hanlon can get going we`ll be in for an attacking and exciting game. I hope the home crowd gets behind the team, wouldn`t it be nice if any negative shouting about individuals were restricted to this board rather than delivered at 100 decibels directly toward the players.........