RBS Six Nations | Vital Football

RBS Six Nations

Pride of Lions

I am now official
It's that time of year when the real men take centre stage as the Rugby Union Six Nations kicks off.

Today we have;

Wales v Ireland with a 1.30pm kick off, followed by

England v Scotland with a 4pm kick off.

Then tomorrow we have;

Italy v France with a 3pm kick off.

I'm going for France to win the Championship with England second.

Today'smatches have been completed and theresults are as follows;

Wales 22, Ireland 30

England 38, Scotland 18

And in the womens International, the result was England 76, Scotland 0.

Some entertaining stuff there......

Sorry to disagree SKEGGY. What is the point in having the ball, being tackled 6 times then having to give it to the opposition to basically say "here you go, your turn"..... ridiclous, and thats only for starters..... At least in Union, you earn the right to have possession of the ball...........

Wales didn't turn up first half, and the stadium was quiet. Take nothing from Ireland who were totally dominant in first half. Wales came back a bit in second half obviously, but remember Ireland played 20 mins of second half with 14 men due to yellow cards.
Love the way you can sit at an international sporting fixture , next to a big group of Irish ( I was neutral) amongst hordes of welsh and have no problems at all.
There was a touch of the Small Heath alliance about Wales who seemed more interested in England.
-----
Second place is first loser

Union is an elitist sport in this country hence why we're crap at it. League is a mans sport

Crap at it?

Not the case at all. Wasn't that many moons ago we won the World Cup,sadly the powers that be then dismantled everything that made us champions!

The Fear - 3/2/2013 16:02

Crap at it?

Not the case at all. Wasn't that many moons ago we won the World Cup,sadly the powers that be then dismantled everything that made us champions!

Actually JF, a fair number of the World Cup winning team had arrived at the time of their rugby careers where the Finals were their final swansong as two or three retired from International Rugby, a couple had a loss of form etc...... but what a swansong!

Then of course we had Jonny Wilkinson who then had a terrible run with injuries.

Well, well, who'd have thought it, Italy beat France in what sounds like a great game. It leaves the 6N wide open and no team will now relish going to Rome. You can't yet discount France but you'd have to think that which ever team wins at Lansdowne Road next weekend would then be in the driving seat.
Éirinn abu!

But we'd built with Woodward, he left because he wasn't getting the back up he wanted and we fell backwards instead of building.,

I do find the people that continuously go on how rugby is a mans game but football isn't rather tedious to say the least

Yeah, I've just noticed that BBJ...... That's certainly a turn up for the books, Ididn't see that coming.

As you say, it does open up all possibilities now and it does make the Ireland v England game at Lansdowne Road an even more interesting game as the winner would be seen to be in the driving seat.

Wish I could view these matches, all three this weekend sound real corkers.

Very hard fought win for England v Ireland.

Some very dirty play by the greens today, the stamping incident could have snapped the players leg!

Sets us up very nicely in this six nations championship.