RBS Six Nations | Page 3 | Vital Football

RBS Six Nations

Was a real lesson today but Brian Moore was right when he said the extent of Wales ambition is just to beat the English!

Scant consolation, was a battering.

A happy Mr Kefkat today: He couldn't careless about the Liverpool result. As long as his beloved Wales win he is happy especially when they beat us.

So 2 happy Kefkat's tonight. 1 with football and the other with rugby

Woke up to the final score, and must admit to it getting close to embarrassing.

I felt England would have to play well to get a result at the National Stadium, but obviously they came up well short. Take nothing away from Wales though, they must of played well.

Well done.

:18:

Without sounding like I'm blowing my own trumpet Wales were tremendous it must be said. Very nice to have stopped the rot in terms of loosing games at the Millennium.

I cant even draw any positives from England's performance at one stage we had our second string front line on and they were still dominating the scrum. I think by that point though England's heads had dropped.

England can take heart from the six nations as a whole. I don’t think they will be as easy to beat as they were next time round.

Thought the lacklustre performance v Italy might have woken them up but no, we weren't at the races v Wales who were hot in form on the day. No doubt the right team won, I just did think we would be able to keep the points loss down to the level needed to win the six nations!

My first ever six nations game, and it was amazing, fair play to the taffs, they romped it.

Although this may sound strange, they are afterall professional sportsmen thesedays, I wouldnt be suprised if England were phychologicaly beaten the second the welsh team entered the field. The noise and atmosphere int he Millenium Stadium was off the scale - far more pationate and hard hitting than anything I've witnessed in football, certainly in England.

Also, I have to say, anyone who is falling out with football like I am, more and more by the day, going to the rugby will speeden this process. The atmosphere travelling to the game by train, and in the city centre beforehand and after, regardless of the result, and with such a strong rivalry was something I doub we'll ever see in football.

Whole swathes of us are struggling with our passion, football, for sure.

Shame we can't get some of the rugby feel into football, including the far more friendly rivalry instead of the crap we often face.

Its baffling mate.

Something about football brings out the worst in people. Afterall Rugby in Wales is not the posh boys game it is in England - it's a working class sport down there, but the welcome and the togetherness of fans is fantastic. Yet, Cardiff City FC has a terrible hooligan issue, and their rivalry with Swansea is up there with the worst as far as violence and disorder problems are concerned.
Across the continent and beyond football provides an excuse for bad behaviour and violence - whilst other sports create an excuse for people to come together and celebrate.

Well done Wales, still delighted with England's progress and we are going to be a world class team, it just takes time.

Rugby 'victory' was planned to make Wales feel good about itself

ENGLAND deliberately lost the Six Nations to Wales as part of a plan to boost the smaller country’s morale, it has emerged.

Wales’s victory caused an upsurge in national pride for a country embattled by unemployment, inhospitable weather and the literary trend for shit books about talking dragons.

However excessive gloating by Wales fans caused England sources to reveal that they weren’t actually trying.

Coach Stuart Lancaster said: “I had spoken with David Cameron who said it was time we did something nice for the Welsh, apart from filming Doctor Who there.

“He said he wanted the people of Wales to feel like they lived in a proper country and not just a Tolkeinesque tourist attraction.

“He showed me some pictures of Welsh children, their tears had made clean streaks on their coal-smeared little faces. I knew then we had to do something.”

Television footage of the match has since revealed England players deliberately fumbling the ball while using the phrase “oops, butterfingers”.

David Cameron confirmed: “We just wanted the Welsh to feel special for once.

“Unfortunately they got a bit carried away and ruined it. I hope they won’t be too devastated that their moment of glory was a pity-inspired travesty.

“I think Wales is great. I had some lamb from there once, it was very juicy.”

I might print that off and send to my granddad to show his brothers! Pops would laugh at that, the others wouldn't! LOL