RBS Six Nations | Page 2 | Vital Football

RBS Six Nations

Yeah, the weather conditions didn't help things. The ball was like a bar of soap..... plenty of handling errors and it seemed little chance of a try today, but it's England who stand top of the table after this weekends' results.

Swing Low.............

Mr Kefkat was as over the moon last night as me today with us winning. Mind you Mr K will be as he is dreading the repercussions if we go down

this England squad is developing really nicely under a very calm and astute coach....May be a little presumptious but i can see some similarities to the World cup winning squad .

Woodward put together and in Robshaw they have a real leader of men.

Not too many England sides win in Dublin

Well, after this weekends' round of matches were we saw wins for England, Wales and Scotland, we find England still sitting pretty at the top of the table.

Yesterdays' win by Scotland against Ireland was a bit of a surprise and reading the report it seems a bit of a "smash and grab" but well done Scotland.

Assuming England will beat Italy I'm quite excited about being at Cardiff Arms Park for their last game against the Taffs when they will hopefully clinch the grand slam.

I thought the Scotland Ireland game was the pick of the bunch on the weekend. Ireland lost so many lineouts it was unreal.

The Saturday games were quite possible some of the most boring games I've seen in a long time.

Hopefully we'll see England and Wales win next week for a final showdown in Cardiff!

An unexpected Grand Slam as well James. I don't think many thought England would have progressed so far in such a short space of time. They were terrific against France although the French coach is mad.

First in 10 years I think, or did I miss hear that. Seems unbelievable after how good we'd got! lol

Great progress and was nice to once again stand up to a good test.

Pretty awful performance by England v Italy.

Still, got the win. All set up nicely for next weekends showdown v Wales now.

Yeah, England will have to improve vastly to stand a chance against Wales at the National Stadium. I've been there on International days and the atmosphere is electric!

Good time to have a wake up call or a bad game though pride. At least we now have the week to look at it and maybe they won't go in so confident or cocky.

Bring it on!

I do feel that they didn't take today's games seriously enough. They're preparation was far better for all the previous games.

Is it too much of a cliche to say there are no easy games in the Six Nations?

Yup. Took it a bit for granted. They were clearly not happy or impressed with themselves as there was little to no celebrating at the end.

As said, a good, timely wake up call.

There is one word that has summed up English Rugby over the years - Frustrating!!!!!

So many turnovers from strong positions today, and lazy defense at times. Get the basics right, at least.

Like you say, a good reminder we haven't won anything it yet.

Just looked up the situation for next weekend.

From BBC sport

An eight-point victory for Wales in Cardiff on Saturday would give them the championship and a seven-point margin could also be enough.

If the teams had the same points difference the title would be decided on tries scored and the Welsh have currently recorded two more than England.

Who'd have thought at the start of the 6N that France would be in the wooden spoon position at this point?
It's also hardly a given that Ireland will beat Italy so whether or not England achieve a Grand Slam which (he said through gritted teeth) they probably deserve on their performances, today notwithstanding, it might end up being a disappointing St Patrick's weekend for the boys in green.