Ravel Morrison | Vital Football

Ravel Morrison

brisimp

Vital 1st Team Regular
On loan from Sheff united to middlesbro . Neil warnock has told him to go back he wont use him . Would any lge 1 team take him or afford him and would he be worth the risk. 27 and looks like his career has gone nowhere in the last few yrs .

Sort of player who could singlehandedly win you the league if he wanted.

Would cost way too much and unlikely to be bothered though so no, I wouldn’t sign him unless I was certain he wanted to play football and be here.

On loan from Sheff united to middlesbro . Neil warnock has told him to go back he wont use him . Would any lge 1 team take him or afford him and would he be worth the risk. 27 and looks like his career has gone nowhere in the last few yrs .
Would be perfect if he can get his head sorted, had plenty of chances in the past with limited success. If MA thought he could do something with him and the price was right then I'd be happy to get him on board. Young enough to still get a profit out of him if he came good, but in all seriousness a non starter financially I'd suspect.
Listening to the latest MA podcast, I'd suggest Morrison wouldn't pass the "no dickhead" rule that is applied when making signings...

Ravel Morrison has proven absolutely nothing aside from a cool volley in England U21 training and one solo goal for West Ham.

He might have been rated as a kid but he’s clearly got an awful head of his shoulders not to have taken one of the many opportunities he’s had.

Also, he’s miles out of our budget.

Absolutely not.

If Alex Ferguson and Manchester United can't get into his head then I don't think anyone else has much of a chance, as shown by his 12(?) clubs since, who've all basically bombed him out.

A big big NO , capital letters, bold font and underlined.

A massive attitude problem - and has always had one, hence the amount of clubs he has had.

I'm sure they interviewed him on Talksport a while back. Think he admitted his attitude had held him back, but a spell abroad had sorted him. Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong lad, but pretty sure it was him.

I'm sure they interviewed him on Talksport a while back. Think he admitted his attitude had held him back, but a spell abroad had sorted him. Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong lad, but pretty sure it was him.
You may be right, think he had a spell in Sweden. Such a talent, but he's had so many chances and each end the same way, leopard and spots and all that.

A huge waste, better attitude and he'd probably be an England regular, as it is, no thanks.

You may be right, think he had a spell in Sweden. Such a talent, but he's had so many chances and each end the same way, leopard and spots and all that.

A huge waste, better attitude and he'd probably be an England regular, as it is, no thanks.

He has played in Italy, Mexico and Sweden, of all places. For a player of promise, which he was, to have only played 135 matches by the time he is 27, says something is seriously wrong somewhere.

You can have all the talent in the world but if you have a poor attitude and no desire to maximise it, it's a complete waste. So it's a no from me way too much baggage imo

1595420672617.png

It would be a no for me also. Talented yes but you need more than that. You get the feeling that some players just can't help having that disruptive influence. Nile Ranger is another that comes to mind when thinking about Morrison. Both could have been England Internationals based on how they were looking in their teens but have just wasted their talent. Shame really

It would be a no for me also. Talented yes but you need more than that. You get the feeling that some players just can't help having that disruptive influence. Nile Ranger is another that comes to mind when thinking about Morrison. Both could have been England Internationals based on how they were looking in their teens but have just wasted their talent. Shame really
A friend of mine who is a Swindon fan has a real hatred for Ranger after being kicked out of their club for kicking the sh*t out of a lift, I think that was it anyway! So ridiculous.

A friend of mine who is a Swindon fan has a real hatred for Ranger after being kicked out of their club for kicking the sh*t out of a lift, I think that was it anyway! So ridiculous.

Ranger never really endeared himself to his colleagues at Southend either, or for that matter with the fans. Regularly failed to show up at training on time, or at all and there and that was just for starters.
As a mate of mine whose son knew him as a youth said a few years back, ‘It wouldn’t be a shock if be ended up shot dead in a crappy fried chicken shop in North London’....

Hard work beats talent if talent doesn't work hard. I'm not a big fan of slogans usually but this one has stuck with me ever since I saw it on a poster in the bar at Goole rugby/tennis club. It's absolutely 100% spot on and pretty much the only mantra I ever bore my son with.

Hard work beats talent if talent doesn't work hard. I'm not a big fan of slogans usually but this one has stuck with me ever since I saw it on a poster in the bar at Goole rugby/tennis club. It's absolutely 100% spot on and pretty much the only mantra I ever bore my son with.

You kinda liked those Brexit slogans, though, right? ;)