Rate the ref v Yeovil (away) | Vital Football

Rate the ref v Yeovil (away)

Jamesimp

Vital Squad Member
Tomorrow night see the experienced Ollie Yates in the middle, the last time we saw him was when we drew 1-1 at home to Gateshead in 2015/2016, since the end of that season he has been an EFL ref. If you get to see the whole game please comment below, they are all much appreciated.

John Brooks 9.00
Stuart Atwell 8.59
Scott Duncan 7.78
Dean Whitestone 7.66
Gavin Ward 7.55
Graham Salisbury 7.21
Anthony Backhouse 6.98
Sebatian Stockbidge (2) 6.96
Paul Marsden 6.50
John Busby 6.47
Geoff Eltringham 6.43
Michael Salisbury 6.35
Thomas Bramall 6.13
Martin Coy 6.08
Lee Swabey 5.78
Kevin Richardson 5.71
Matthew Donohue 5.45
David Coote 5.25
Carl Boyeson (2) 5.18
Mike Dean 5.01
Neil Hair 4.78
Dean Whitestone 4.63
Peter Wright
Andy Haines 4.15
Chris Sarginson 3.89
Ben Toner (2) 3.67
Brett Huxtable 2.61
Lee Collins 1.44

Last edited:
Thought he was calm and grew into the game, got the yellows right, wasn't going into be pushed into sending off Toffolo for his inadvertent high challenge so overall 7/10

Let the game flow and allowed fair physical challenges. Looked a bit indecisive at times but performed well enough that it wasn't about him. He got the Toffolo decision wrong. It should have been a sending off, so an extra mark for that. 8/10

7 from me. The first half flowed freely and was a good contest. He got a little bit erratic as the second half wore on and the home support grew increasingly unhappy. Toff should've been off.

6.5 for me. First half hour he appeared very lenient and was letting some challenges go when maybe they were Fks. Alternatively, seemed determined to let the game flow. Very odd when the Yeovil player went down on the edge of the box and he refused their trainers to come on for what seemed like ages, then reversed and allowed them on. Kept his cool throughout but really should have sent Toffolo off.

7 sounded steady enough but loses a mark for not sending toffolo off.
Having watched the theatricals of Mike Dean at the weekend this guy sounded a lot better.

Thought the ref was really good until Toffolo assaulted their player by kicking him in the head. So bad, he might have gone to jail if it had been in the street.

Still 7.5, making an allowance for his aberration.

7/10 Good side of average . Let play flow and no need for panic cards after every foul. Most would have sent Toff off so that would mark him down. Happy to see him ref us again on that showing

I'll close this at 6pm, after further viewing Toffolo is a very lucky chap, reminds me of Scott Willis doing the karate kid impression