Rate the ref v Swindon (away) | Page 3 | Vital Football

Rate the ref v Swindon (away)

Im going to give Toner a 3.I think as said already 3 major decisions about right,though a better ref may have just booked Andrade ( didnt see the alledged stamp or even Brunos kick out on replays im afraid).
Not knowing Shacks dissent its hard to comment on the second booking,some refs may have given a final warning.
Better support from the linos on various decisions may have helped the ref control everything better.I think the comment if it had been at home and it was the away side you would expect all 3 decisions.

Ps. Dont forget its a 0 from gazza in our car?

So from your comments and mark, you’d be happy if he reffed us next week?

Of course not, we both know it's never a good idea to ref the same team twice within a short space of time, what I would say is the two players involved made the game a lot harder to ref by there undisciplined actions. You know yourself if you send two players off from the same team the game becomes a farce and the game becomes focused on you.

Of course not, we both know it's never a good idea to ref the same team twice within a short space of time, what I would say is the two players involved made the game a lot harder to ref by there undisciplined actions. You know yourself if you send two players off from the same team the game becomes a farce and the game becomes focused on you.
I also know that to get to this standard referee’s should have learned how to man manage players. Toner in several games which I’ve been unfortunate to witness has zero man management skills, coupled with poor decision making - he’s a thin Brett Huxtable

I also know that to get to this standard referee’s should have learned how to man manage players. Toner in several games which I’ve been unfortunate to witness has zero man management skills, coupled with poor decision making - he’s a thin Brett Huxtable

Yep this is spot on, he thinks he has to stamp his authority by flashing the cards. I don’t think he got the big decisions right at all
Early booking for Shackell was harsh, first slightly mistimed tackle resulting in a trip. Giving soft yellows early on gives a good chance of having to send players off
Andrade sending off was soft and harsh.
Little Hitler attitude towards players.
2/10 had the right kit on and tied his own bootlaces (probably)

Do they teach referees how to 'control' a game, because Mr Toner seems to have got the definition completely wrong from the perspective of making it a great game to watch and an enjoyable one for the players.

Watched the key decisions again on iFollow. Red cards were correct although Andrade was fouled before he retaliated. Penalty was also correct. Got some things right and some wrong. Lino on our side was feckless. 6/10

I have no doubt the red cards were right, under the circumstances of his prior handling of the game. What I am saying is that Mr Toner's handling of the match, from the outset, was just wrong in terms of how he manages his linesmen, the players and incidents they are involved in. That bad handling results in the poor decisions, extreme incidents and cards later in the game which were not always justified. I am not just talking about this game, but almost every time we have seen him.

Early booking for Shackell was harsh, first slightly mistimed tackle resulting in a trip. Giving soft yellows early on gives a good chance of having to send players off
Andrade sending off was soft and harsh.
Shackell had made a couple of fouls up to the booking so I think it was the right decision.
Andrade kicked out, and for that he deserved to be sent off. (Although it looked worse at the time than on highlights)
The penalty I felt wasn’t correct as when the player went down he held the wrong ankle suggesting a dive but I thought he got 2/3 big decisions correct.
It was the 99% of small decisions he got wrong that are shameful.

In my opinion that is also nonsense. Mistimed tackle and close to a goal scoring opportunity.

Think your television had a blurred picture mate.Free kick was closer than the corner flag than it was to the goal. Goal scoring opportunity, you need to give your head a wobble!

Obviously not. Obviously it was an exaggeration to emphasise that I felt he got many small decisions wrong.

Yeah TBH I guess I was being a bit sarcastic (sorry), it makes me smile that when we have a controversial scenario it's usually the ref who gets the blame rather than the player. When I was reffing the Sunday League (those were the days etc) we used to reckon if you had for example 1-1 draw and the game was running like clockwork you get say a mark of 8/10 from each team but if someone handled the ball on the goal line and pushed it round the post and you gave the penalty then sent the player off your mark would drop to 2/10 even though you had no choice. The ref last week had much better man management skills and was much more in control, but that I guess is why he's reffing in the Prem/Championship. What I was trying to put across before is you can't blame the ref for our players having lary moments, which incidentally you haven't.

Think your television had a blurred picture mate.Free kick was closer than the corner flag than it was to the goal. Goal scoring opportunity, you need to give your head a wobble!

It actually states 'close' to a goal scoring opportunity, he was on the edge of the 18 yard box in a promising position. Having listened to the podcast apparently Shackell was yellowed twice whilst walking up to the half way line for dissent, that is why he turned round a short while after and showed a red card. So did he actually do that challenge and get booked in the first half?

It actually states 'close' to a goal scoring opportunity, he was on the edge of the 18 yard box in a promising position. Having listened to the podcast apparently Shackell was yellowed twice whilst walking up to the half way line for dissent, that is why he turned round a short while after and showed a red card. So did he actually do that challenge and get booked in the first half?
Yeah he got booked in the first half for his third foul. Then he got booked for dissent after the penalty. Think the other yellow was for Frecklington.

Shackell had made a couple of fouls up to the booking so I think it was the right decision.
Andrade kicked out, and for that he deserved to be sent off. (Although it looked worse at the time than on highlights)
The penalty I felt wasn’t correct as when the player went down he held the wrong ankle suggesting a dive but I thought he got 2/3 big decisions correct.
It was the 99% of small decisions he got wrong that are shameful.

No idea where u get the 1% correct from. It can't have been anywhere near that much ?