Rate the Ref v Stevenage (away) | Vital Football

Rate the Ref v Stevenage (away)

Jamesimp

Vital Squad Member
Tomorrow's game is being reffed by Martin Coy, who's mainly been officiating in the bottom two leagues this season & last after coming up from the National League.

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/who-will-we-be-shouting-at-this-week-stevenage-v-lincoln-city/

Stuart Atwell 8.59
Scott Duncan 7.78
Dean Whitestone 7.66
Gavin Ward 7.55
Graham Salisbury 7.21
Anthony Backhouse 6.98
Sebatian Stockbidge 6.97
Paul Marsden 6.50
John Busby 6.47
Geoff Eltringham 6.43
Michael Salisbury 6.35
Carl Boyeson 5.81
Lee Swabey 5.78
Kevin Richardson 5.71
Matthew Donohue 5.45
David Coote 5.25
Neil Hair 4.78
Dean Whitestone 4.63
Andy Haines 4.15
Ben Toner 4.0
Brett Huxtable 2.61
Lee Collins 1.44

Ok so he gave us the penalty early doors but after that seemed to give us very little, he got around the pitch well, commanded the game without many cards (if any) but for me was too picky

5/10

Got the pen right, Akinde unlucky to get booked, two or three of their tackles were similar if not worse and gave nothing. Bit of a 'homer' but seen much worse this season.
6/10.

Thought he was very poor, inconsistent and let their players get away with some potentially injury causing fouls.
5/10

He did seem quite reluctant to give us anything despite some rather poor tackles from them. At least he got the penalty right. Thought he was better than most, 7.5 from me.

Average 6 for me. As others have said, not bad overall, but did seem to give them more than us.

I'm seem some card happy refs this season, well this one was the opposite of that. I wondered if he had left them in the dressing room. Some heavy challenges seem to be unpunished and apart from the penalty didn't do us any favours. 5.5/10

He wasn't the best we've had this season but neither was he the worst.

A steady 6 from me.

Above average for me, got the pen correct, could have been one or two more yellows but overall ok
7/10