Rate The Ref V Southport FC | Vital Football

Rate The Ref V Southport FC

He had a okay game.. think he bottled it when rhead got smacked in the second half straight infront of the assistant.. got to give him a 7/10

8/10 from me. Did little wrong. Kept control of the game and didn't make any obvious howlers.

danimps21 - 21/2/2016 08:13

He had a okay game.. think he bottled it when rhead got smacked in the second half straight infront of the assistant.. got to give him a 7/10

IT was the sub Wright who possibly caught Rhead in the face with the edge of his finger nail. Rhead has many qualities but he can be a bit of a Jessie when it comes to play acting to get a fellow pro booked or sent off

Also missed the pull back on Muldoon or should I say the assistant as it happened right in front of him, average 6/10

Also missed the pull back on Muldoon or should I say the assistant as it happened right in front of him and the booking of Wood was ridiculous, average 6/10

johnolbe - 21/2/2016 10:00

IT was the sub Wright who possibly caught Rhead in the face with the edge of his finger nail. Rhead has many qualities but he can be a bit of a Jessie when it comes to play acting to get a fellow pro booked or sent off

I heard Rhead needed stitches in his head after the game.

Overall not too bad, bottled a few decisions when he could have been stronger. Let down by his assistants at times 7/10.

SIMJON - 21/2/2016 14:45

johnolbe - 21/2/2016 10:00

Yes for a clash of heads not for the incident being discussed here.

I heard Rhead needed stitches in his head after the game.
Yes for a clash of heads not for the incident being discussed here.

ImpfromWashy - 22/2/2016 09:34

7 from me, would have been 6.5 but fortunately missed Muldoons 'back flick' just after he had been booked.

Fair comment but doesn't this just show how biased we as fans are. Ref makes a mistake that favours us and his mark goes up half a point.
I thought he was pretty good and didn't really notice him, always a good sign.
7/10 from me

7/10 for me.

Handled the game well, missed a few obvious calls, but I think for a few of them he was let down by the linesman on the Co-op stand side. Much better than a lot of the Refs we've had at Sincil bank in previous games.

I will also give him a solid 7. Not a bad performance at all even though there was a section of the game when everything seemed to go Southport's way!

7.5/10 For me I think him and the linesman missed the Muldoon pullback, but overall he did well Rhead is never easy to ref as people are pulling him and vice versa. We have had plenty worse at SB this year.