Rate the ref v Peterborough United (Home) | Vital Football

Rate the ref v Peterborough United (Home)

Jamesimp

Vital Squad Member
New Years Day sees the visit of the Posh Boys and in the middle is the familiar face of Chris Sarginson, who last time out only managed 2.14, mainly for not stopping the game when WE scored at Wycombe.For all the info on his displays click here https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/shouldve-gone-to-specsavers-lincoln-city-v-peterborough-united/

James Linnington (D) 8.50
Tony Harrington (W) 8.23
Joshua Smith (L) 7.81
Darren Bond (L) 7.68
Anthony Backhouse (L) 7.55
Ollie Yates (L) 7.40
Michael Salisbury (L) 7.30
Andy Haines (W) 7.21
Lee Swabey (W) 7.08
Marc Edwards (L) 6.79
Kevin Johnson (D) 6.75
Andy Baines (L) 6.17
Tom Neild (L) 6.17
Ross Joyce (D) 5.94
James Oldham (L) (W) 5.62
Darren Handley (L) 5.43
Brett Huxtable (W) 5.32
Chris Pollard (L) 5.14
Stephen Martin (L) 4.48
Ben Toner (W) 4.33
Craig Hicks (L) 3.28
Chris Sarginson (L) 2.14
Carl Boyeson (L) (W) 1.91

I thought he was poor for both teams, mainly posh. He rarely gave a decision first half and it looked like it could of spiralled out of control. Had little choice with the red and dealt with it well.

4/10

Seemed to let quite a lot go especially in the first half when perhaps giving what looked like free kicks might have meant he asserted himself better and kept that extra bit of control. That said keeping a game flowing is what we all want and he was very even between both teams. Decisive on the sending off. I'll give him a 6/10 par rating

I thought he let Posh got away with too much during the first half .Lots of late challenges and consistent dissent from the slimy mockneys .Poor understanding of the advantage rule.There is no advantage gained when you have been awarded a free kick in a congested midfield or if your attacker (Akinde ) has been fouled but is unable to join the attack because he remains prostate on the pitch. The sending off was a no brainer.That said he was OK. It's a 7/10 for me

Thought he had a decent game. I personally liked that he let a few challenges go and prefer that to the refs who are constantly blowing.

got all the key decisions correct. 8 out of 10 for me.

For an experienced ref he seemed to have a poor understanding of the rules but did get the big decision right.
5/10
Special mention for the coop lino, had a stinker.

I thought mr sarginson did fine today. 7/10. He has been far worse refereeing Lincoln games in the past.

7 was ok, let a lot go and so game seemed to be ready to boil over, thus the red card wasn’t a surprise, just a surprise it was someone who had just come on (Herbie Hyde, Barnet GMVC, battle of the bank, anyone?).
A picky ref would have had that stop start and ruins the flow. The Prem refs who we had last season would have seen the game abandoned around 75 minutes for one of the teams going down to 6 players after the 18th yellow card!

Tried to let it flow in a very tough game, booked the right players got sending off spot on. When I saw his name feared the worse, but he did well, kept the lid on a match when it could have boiled over. 7.0

I detest the whistle-happy, card-waving, Mike Dean style of refereeing that has done so much to ruin the game, so it is refreshing to see a referee who tries to let the game flow by allowing the players to get stuck in. His relaxed approach yesterday reflected his low yellow card count so far this season (and Dembele was his first red) but once he had eventually made his first booking, some of the subsequent yellows were a bit soft in comparison to what he had let go earlier on.

So, 7/10.

7 was ok, let a lot go and so game seemed to be ready to boil over, thus the red card wasn’t a surprise, just a surprise it was someone who had just come on (Herbie Hyde, Barnet GMVC, battle of the bank, anyone?).
A picky ref would have had that stop start and ruins the flow. The Prem refs who we had last season would have seen the game abandoned around 75 minutes for one of the teams going down to 6 players after the 18th yellow card!

Ref was worth 7.

Must be extremely difficult to to suss out who is holding in the attacker v defender tussles. Refs are not helped by players diving or feigning injury. Harry Toffolo, who I rate, has in the last two games, been beating the turf and waving his arm as though he has broken a leg only to be up and playing minutes later. Marcus Maddison, the same, and he does it in every game I have watched him. Joe Morrell, who again, comes very well in interviews and on Twitter, took an eternity to fall down following the "headbutt". Dembele had to go though.

The Herbie Hyde/Smith, Barnet GMVC, Battle of the Bank puts the Posh match and the ref into context. I for one would not want to go back to the carnage that occurred that night. Can't think it did Barry Fry's blood pressure any good either.

This is worth a read.
http://reckless-guide-to-barnet.blogspot.com/2014/08/season-1987-88-bridesmaids-again.html

just a surprise it was someone who had just come on (Herbie Hyde, Barnet GMVC, battle of the bank, anyone?) !

Immediately sprung to mind for me too, does anyone know how long he lasted compared to yesterday? Ironically we won that game 2-1 as well .... can you believe it was 32 years ago?

As for the ref v Posh, a more than decent 7/10 👍🏼

5.5/10
mixed afternoon but did at least allow advantage a couple of times, booking a player afterwards. Correct with the red.