Rate the ref v Peterborough (away) | Vital Football

Rate the ref v Peterborough (away)

Jamesimp

Vital Squad Member
This week the man in the middle is up & coming ref Marc Edwards, last season he was in the National League, this season hes gone from League 2 to his first League 1 game tomorrow. For the eds take on it click here https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk...this-week-peterborough-united-v-lincoln-city/

Tony Harrington (W) 8.23
Darren Bond (L) 7.68
Anthony Backhouse (L) 7.55
Ollie Yates (L) 7.40
Michael Salisbury (L) 7.30
Andy Haines (W) 7.21
Lee Swabey (W) 7.08
Ross Joyce (D) 5.94
Brett Huxtable (W) 5.32
Stephen Martin (L) 4.48
Craig Hicks (L) 3.28
Chris Sarginson (L) 2.14
Carl Boyeson (L) 0.42

I thought he did ok, I didn't see the challenge on O Connor from kick off. In fairness he waived play on when both teams did there amateur dramatics, he also played decent advantage. I thought he took his time getting his cards out.

7/10

Extremely competent and unfussed. Took time to get his cards out which helped the game, which he let flow whenever he could. Hard to believe that was his first league one game and will forgive him missing the O'Connor incident as 99% of people there also did.

Rock solid 8.5/10.

For the most part he actually did okay, he might have taken action on the foul on O'Connor but apart from that he was satisfactory. 7/10

Extremely competent and unfussed. Took time to get his cards out which helped the game, which he let flow whenever he could. Hard to believe that was his first league one game and will forgive him missing the O'Connor incident as 99% of people there also did.

Rock solid 8.5/10.
Forgive him for missing the foul that was the turning part of the game? It’s a 3 from me.

Do we actually know it was a foul? Has anyone actually seen it?
There's a video of it on another thread, it's looks pretty damning to me! Wasn't at the game, but on the video evidence it looked like an intentional hit to me.

7 - as others have said I thought he did well and let the game flow. Unfortunately missed the assault on O’Connor which was a huge turning point in the match.

7/10 Thought he was good, stood no nonsense or play acting.

None of us knew at the time why O'Connor had gone down. Like us the ref will have been watching the ball, which at time of impact was almost stationary some 4 metres away and about to be passed out to the wing.

The incident has to be looked at, appears premeditated and so far away from the ball.

I thought he did pretty well other than the moc incident where he could have been assisted by the lino on our side
7/10

7/10. As others have said, let the game flow a reasonable amount and kept his cards in his pocket. Shame he missed the Toney assault on O’Connor but so did most of us when it happened. I had the benefit of the i-Follow replay.

I thought he was one of the better refs this season 8.5, I think he will be one to watch as he jumps up the leagues

It’s a little disconcerting when players just fall over and the referee does n’t just blow his whistle, because that’s what most referees do. It was good to see, though.

The ref should not have been looking in the direction of Toney, when he ran into the back of O’Connor, so hard to fault him for that.

Good to see there are competent refs coming up through the ranks, to allow the likes of Trevor Kettle and Carl Boyeson to retire.
8/10

Marc Edwards scores a respectable 6.79.

Not sure he would of got such a high score if we'd all seen the video of the assault on O Connor before posting, don't think I would of myself, it was a big thing to miss.