Rate the ref v Oxford United (home) | Vital Football

Rate the ref v Oxford United (home)

8/10
Last time and this he's a different animal to the strutting poser that blighted us in the NL.
Think he actually understood our pain. He gave us a goal kick that was clearly a corner!

8/10 for me he made a couple of desicions against each side one as plumbob said above.
I think he ought to have clamped down on Makie earlier ( bizarre performance by him so far ahead and constantly trying to get yourself sent off, no wonder Robinson had a word with him when he went off.)

But would gladly take the refs performance every week.

Could not decide whether to give him 0 (because this thread is a waste of time as refs always get poor scores when we lose apparently) or 10 (to counter our bias when Lincoln lose).

Decided to just rate him irrespective of the result.
Plus marks for not sending off anyone when Andrade and their player had a dose of handbags - Seb Stockbridge would have run all the way from Wycombe where he was bagging another 2 red cards - to have the chance to send both players off.
Can’t decide if it was wrong or irrelevant he did n’t book their player for throwing the ball away near the end. Probably thought the player was trying to help Lincoln from conceding any more.

7/10

7.5 reasonable game, got his yellow out early for the first bad tackle and stamped his authority.
No idea why he let the Oxford keeper play in blue the same as Vickers (OU keeper normally wears green). The keeper had no sponsor on his shirt, so don't know if there had been a problem with his kit. I'm a bit pedantic about this sort of thing!

Could not decide whether to give him 0 (because this thread is a waste of time as refs always get poor scores when we lose apparently) or 10 (to counter our bias when Lincoln lose).

Decided to just rate him irrespective of the result.
Plus marks for not sending off anyone when Andrade and their player had a dose of handbags - Seb Stockbridge would have run all the way from Wycombe where he was bagging another 2 red cards - to have the chance to send both players off.
Can’t decide if it was wrong or irrelevant he did n’t book their player for throwing the ball away near the end. Probably thought the player was trying to help Lincoln from conceding any more.

7/10
I don't want to cause offence, but why bother if its a waste of time? I certainly try to rate the ref without result based bias, and I'm quite often laughing in the stands at fans appealing for ridiculous decisions and abusing correct ones!

I don't want to cause offence, but why bother if its a waste of time? I certainly try to rate the ref without result based bias, and I'm quite often laughing in the stands at fans appealing for ridiculous decisions and abusing correct ones!
I put "apparently" when saying the thread was a waste of time. I was referring to comments last week, that proposed everyone scored the referee according to whether we won or not.

I, like you, try to be as objective as I can.

Mr Backhouse's score would cast doubt on that original thought.

I thought he was fine other than he should have sent Andrade off when he was fouled and immediately thrust his forehead into their player. Maybe that should be extra marks for not sending him off?