Rate the ref v Northampton Town F A Cup (home) | Vital Football

Rate the ref v Northampton Town F A Cup (home)

Jamesimp

Vital Squad Member
'Things can only get better' I hear you alll saying after suffering the exploits of Trevor Kettle in the week, well we shall see as Graham Salisbury once again takes charge of an imps game. For the editors write up please click here https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk...at-this-week-lincoln-city-v-northampton-town/

Stuart Atwell 8.59
Scott Duncan 7.78
Anthony Backhouse 6.98
Sebatian Stockbidge 6.97
Paul Marsden 6.50
John Busby 6.47
Geoff Eltringham 6.43
Michael Salisbury 6.35
Carl Boyeson 5.81
Lee Swabey 5.78
Kevin Richardson 5.71
Matthew Donohue 5.45
David Coote 5.25
Neil Hair 4.78
Dean Whitestone 4.63
Andy Haines 4.15
Brett Huxtable 2.61
Lee Collins 1.44

Well I thought he had a good authoritative game, all the cards were right, he ignored the diving about by both teams and got them playing. I don't think the McArten challenge was a [enalty. Had a dodgy 10 minute spell towards the end but nothing serious happened.

8/10

Wouldn’t know what to give him considering he let Shackell off one of the worse challenges I have seen in a long time. I would of understood if Shackell hadn’t waited for the red and just walked off, couldn’t believe it when he gave him a yellow. Lucky for us but bizarre desicion for me.

Last edited:
Thought the Shackell ' let off' was a very similar offence to when their guy hacked down Andrede in full flow, applied the same standards. He did well and got most big decisions right, 7/10

Wouldn’t know what to give him considering he let Shackell off one of the worse challenges I have seen in a long time. I would of understood if Shackell hadn’t waited for the red and just walked off, couldn’t believe it when he gave him a yellow. Lucky for us but bizarre desicion for me.

Didn't look like a sending-off to me, a booking? Yes.

To me the Shackell tackle was clearly studs up halfway up the shin and as he dived in clearly out of control. Don’t get me wrong I am pleased he got away with it, but think he could of got a red for the studs up and one for the out of control. Just my opinion.

To me the Shackell tackle was clearly studs up halfway up the shin and as he dived in clearly out of control. Don’t get me wrong I am pleased he got away with it, but think he could of got a red for the studs up and one for the out of control. Just my opinion.

I saw it as mistimed and not malicious, which is how I read the Ellis tackle. It's all about opinions, that's why we're on here.

I saw it as mistimed and not malicious, which is how I read the Ellis tackle. It's all about opinions, that's why we're on here.

Totally agree there wouldn’t be anything to discuss if we all had the same opinion, all the best.?

8/10 Was pretty even-handed with his decisions. Think he went overboard with the time added-on because of our blatant time-wasting when replacing Bruno. Wouldn't mind him reffing us again.

I think he did okay. There were 5 or 6 tackles worse than anything Chapman did to have himself sent off. All got yellow cards. Anyone seriously injured? No. Game spoilt by a red card. No.

Think he also got McCartan penalty appeal right. If they are n’t sure do not give it.
Let’s be honest 90% of penalties involve some element of diving.

(If I wrote the laws Ref should tell Morais to stop being an idiot and give him a yellow card - but I do n’t, so he got that right as well).

In summary players action caused result not referee. Score 8/10

A lot questioning the five minutes added on and the nine played should look how long City's last two substitutions. All about right I thought. 8/10

I think he did okay. There were 5 or 6 tackles worse than anything Chapman did to have himself sent off. All got yellow cards. Anyone seriously injured? No. Game spoilt by a red card. No.

Think he also got McCartan penalty appeal right. If they are n’t sure do not give it.
Let’s be honest 90% of penalties involve some element of diving.

(If I wrote the laws Ref should tell Morais to stop being an idiot and give him a yellow card - but I do n’t, so he got that right as well).

In summary players action caused result not referee. Score 8/10

Agree with you about Morais. No more than a yellow, if I'm honest. A victim of the letter of the law.

I think he did ok, a bit pedantic over the overturned throw in but not concerned where they were taken from thereafter
Had a period where everything seemed to be given against us but overall
7.5/10

I think he did ok, a bit pedantic over the overturned throw in but not concerned where they were taken from thereafter
Had a period where everything seemed to be given against us but overall
7.5/10

In fairness he moved him back twice, then told him to stand there so made it clear where the throw was, its fair to say though he wasn't quite so bothered afterwards about any throw-ins