Rate the ref v MK Dons (home) | Vital Football

Rate the ref v MK Dons (home)

I quick search on Google took me to the MK Dons Official Website, where I found his name!

I thought he handled the game well, produced a card when necessary and shut players up and got them talking with there feet. For me he showed he was a bit better than we've been used to

8/10

Take this guy every week, first half seemed like he wasn’t giving us much to start with but then did pretty well for the remainder of the game. Yellows looked about right
8/10

After the first 20 minutes he remembered he was refereeing L2 and not Prempoo therefore the players do have the audacity to challenge for the ball, shock horror. Having settled down he then was fine and could be grateful that he didn't have any big decisions to make so a decent 7/10.

Made it look easy, unflustered, got the bookings right, as a Prem ref the quality showed and he added to the game unlike some we have had this season. Think his lino's were part of his team and no real arguments with them either.
9/10.

8 from me. thought he went un-noticed because he did his job well. Was a bit doubtful of the yellow for "hack" at the end of the first half by their player but will most likely see on replay it was indeed not worthy of red.

Let things go when he could, booked players when it was needed. One minute of added time first half summed things up. Good job there were more in the second though. Set a standard.

8/10

Agree with the other high marks.

Seemed to adapt his referring to the level he was at, played the advantage well, decisive in his decision making and got every yellow card correct.

Perhaps should have booked their player for kicking the ball in a dissent fashion in front of the Uni Stand in the second half.

Makes a huge difference to a game when there's a competent ref who will let the game flow.

9/10

There was not a SINGLE moan at the ref in all 90mins in my area, can't recall that ever before.
We have had some appalling refs over recent years, today's quite the opposite.
Think he got all the bookings correct.
So don't see why I shouldn't get into Strictly mode and give him the full 10 from Len !

He was excellent and allowed a really good game to flow. I think the fact that both teams wanted to win also meant that there wasn't much time-wasting, which helped. The yellow card they got for a "foul" on Vickers looked harsh but that's the only possible mistake I can remember.

For the first time in four years, I give a referee 9/10.

Very good indeed and so were his assistants who for first time this season were actually up with play so could give offsides properly .
8 for me

I arrived at the game 25 minutes late, so can’t score that but the team of officials were for me 9.5/10 the half a mark off was for not booking the MK player when he kicked ball away in anger into the side hoardings near the uni stand towards the end.
As has been mentioned I think it helped that neither side wanted to waste time which helped, but I thought he was superb with his decision making, a lot of stick is given for making the wrong desicions, I think a lot of credit should be given to him for Saturdays performance.