Rate the ref v Grimsby | Vital Football

Rate the ref v Grimsby

Jamesimp

Vital Squad Member
Hello guys n gals, I've got the stomach bug that's going around so I'm currently drifting in and out of sleep in bed, hopefully I'll be ok for tomorrow. Tomorrow's ref is the vastly experienced Carl Boyeson, if someone could post the write up from Jules it would be appreciated, no idea how to copy and paste a link ( I'm old )

Hello guys n gals, I've got the stomach bug that's going around so I'm currently drifting in and out of sleep in bed, hopefully I'll be ok for tomorrow. Tomorrow's ref is the vastly experienced Carl Boyeson, if someone could post the write up from Jules it would be appreciated, no idea how to copy and paste a link ( I'm old )
Oh dear James its that sleaford air i hope you are ok for tomorrow.I can imagine gazza panicking if your not fit to travel ?

Come on peeps, let's have your thoughts, was he brave giving the penalty? Did let any bad challenges go unpunished? I can't get the ball rolling because I only listened to the radio commentary, I reckon Thommo thought he did ok.

I’ll go first then
Correctly booked McCarton in first half but failed to reciprocate for two similar challenges by Grimsby players
Looked a soft pen for us (although only seen it once live) but seemed to be a sleight homer other than that so a little below par for me
5/10

5/10
Personally, not sure about the penalty but he was!
Couple of times in the first half he probably should have booked their players. Reckon there would have been more cards on another day, but maybe he was trying to keep a tasty derby game competitive.
He and his linos got a few corners/goal kicks wrong, and the odd throw in.

Thanks for all your input, keep em coming please, only have until tomorrow night as there's a game Tuesday night

Seemed to miss a couple of fouls on our players early on but the bookings for both sides seemed correct as was the penalty. Didn't make any game changing blunders from what I could see. 6.5

Didn't see the first 20 mins on i-Follow but from the rest of the game think he did ok. I wasn't sure about our penalty at the time, but I'll take it for the draw. Like others I reckon a couple of their players could have been booked, but overall thought he did well for a potentially feisty local derby.
6.5 mark from me.

A 6 from me. A lot of Grimsby fans arguing the penalty cost them the game, but for me it was a penalty. It was a very clumsy challenge from their CB and he got no where near the ball so our fishy bredren can have little to complain about.
As for the rest of the game there could have been some early cards shown but all in all he let a blood and thunder local derby develop. And for that, at least, he should be praised...

Thought the pen was perhaps soft live but having now seen the highlights looked a defo pen so could give ref extra half point
5.5/10

I thought he had a good game 7/10 didn’t miss much and let the game flow. Spot on with the pen and brave enough to give it .... probably missed the tackle on Shay, but then again so did I ?