Rate the ref v Gillingham (Home) | Page 2 | Vital Football

Rate the ref v Gillingham (Home)

Are refs doing what they did last season after Xmas when we're at home? Trying not to play to the home crowd and the away players pick up on this and then precede to spend the game conning him.
The last four home games have seemed like this to me.
Lost control time and again, was incredibly inconsistent and yet again wasn't helped by his assistants.
I know it's a tough job and I wouldn't want to do it but if you are going to do it try to get common sense and realise you're being conned like I said it's happened a lot for us lately.
2/10

I reckon that when the handbags come out and you have to stop the game both players get yellowed whatevers gone on, Edun was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. I can only imagine he yellowed him for adopting an aggressive attitude, I dare say the other player knew he had been yellowed already though. I can't imagine how your meant to react when someone grabs you though.

I reckon that when the handbags come out and you have to stop the game both players get yellowed whatevers gone on, Edun was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. I can only imagine he yellowed him for adopting an aggressive attitude, I dare say the other player knew he had been yellowed already though. I can't imagine how your meant to react when someone grabs you though.

I agree with that actually but the fact remains that the referee failed to realise he'd already booked Edun before producing a third yellow then red. A clear indication that he'd lost control of the match

I agree with that actually but the fact remains that the referee failed to realise he'd already booked Edun before producing a third yellow then red. A clear indication that he'd lost control of the match
I know where you're coming from and agree with you, but really whether he'd yellowed him earlier should be irrelavent, I've seen it happen in sunday league where both players get over involved with each other. His display on saturday was a fiasco really.