Rate the ref v Gillingham (away) | Vital Football

Rate the ref v Gillingham (away)

Jamesimp

Vital Squad Member
By all accounts the ref on Saturday is 'still wet behind the ears' , if you're going on will be able to watch the whole game later please post below as we've been struggling for ratings for the further away games. For the eds write up click here https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/gillingham-v-lincoln-city-recently-promoted-referee-appointed/

James Linnington (D) 8.50
Tony Harrington (W) 8.23
Joshua Smith (L) 7.81
Darren Bond (L) 7.68
Anthony Backhouse (L) 7.55
Ollie Yates (L) 7.40
Michael Salisbury (L) 7.30
Andy Haines (W) 7.21
Lee Swabey (W) 7.08
Marc Edwards (L) 6.79
Kevin Johnson (D) 6.75
Tom Neild (L) 6.17
Ross Joyce (D) 5.94
Brett Huxtable (W) 5.32
Stephen Martin (L) 4.48
Craig Hicks (L) 3.28
Chris Sarginson (L) 2.14
Carl Boyeson (L) 0.42

it's a 5 from me too, some very questionable decisions (hope Bruno is all right!) and a tendency to flap. Gillingham got away with a lot of falling-over-itis, shirt pulling and general sh1thousery.

4 for me. Run of the mill stuff ok, but a ref should be marked on the important, game-changing stuff. This ref bottled so much. How many times did anImps player get man-handled in their half with no punishment, or even a FK. OK, maybe the ref wanted to see a more physical game and we just didn’t think it fair to join in with the rough stuff (hate to say it but can you imagine a Cowley team performing like that). As for the Eardley booking - laughable - a lecture would have been all that was need3d there. Mind you, it was pretty malicious and seriously pre-determined ??

Average, no decisions altered the course of the game. Can’t expect to be given free kicks for challenging like a bunch of pansies and getting out muscled.
Only explanation on the Eardley booking is that he must have told him to wait for the whistle before he takes the free kick, if he then takes it before the whistle I think it is a regulation booking. Rules are rules b*ll*cks and all that.

If the ref points to his whistle and says 'on my whistle' it means just that, the defenders then know its 'on his whistle' so if Eardley takes it early its unsporting behaviour, hes lucky he let him retake it.

Average, no decisions altered the course of the game. Can’t expect to be given free kicks for challenging like a bunch of pansies and getting out muscled.
Only explanation on the Eardley booking is that he must have told him to wait for the whistle before he takes the free kick, if he then takes it before the whistle I think it is a regulation booking. Rules are rules b*ll*cks and all that.

I remember Mayo taking one early and kicking it straight into Geoff Winters back, it later resulted in a sending off as he got a second yellow for a poor challenge.