Rate the ref v Fleetwood Town (Home) | Vital Football

Rate the ref v Fleetwood Town (Home)

I thought he was consistently poor from start to finish, never seemed to have any real understanding with the players.

5/10

Awful and not helped by lino on the coop side who didn’t know what the offside law was.
3/10

Last edited:
Worst ref this season, all Fleetwood first half hour, all City next fifteen and second half didn't know what he was doing 4/10

Didn't seem very confident, bit inconsistent. As mentioned above, getting a big touch of the ball in the penalty box is never a good sign.

5/10

I'm happy we won because often this thread is just dismissed as sour grapes, especially when the official puts in a poor performance and boy was Mr Martin, and his team, poor today.
I think it must have been a full 35 minutes before he awarded us a free kick and he started the second half in much the same manner. The only positive was his inconsistent and poor standards didn't adversely affect the result. I'm affraid it's a 5/10 from me...

How did the Fleetwood guy not get another yellow for deliberately hacking Harry down going through into the box?

6. He seemed to lose his bearings a few times but he didn't make any massive mistakes or affect the result, which is all you can ask for really.

How did the Fleetwood guy not get another yellow for deliberately hacking Harry down going through into the box?

That was absolutely ridiculous, it was yellow every day of the week which would of resulted in a red, but the guy knew he was on yellow and still committed the foul.

It was a league game, not a testimonial where you keep everybody on the pitch.

I'll go for a 5. No major mistakes other than a probable second yellow for their left back when he took down Harry, but I have seen refs being reluctant to give a second yellow in those circumstances before so no great shakes in all honesty. Wasn't a difficult game to referee

Was going for 4, but he arrived in a very nice Audi Sports car, therefore 5.0 Pleased he had no big decisions to make, an easy game to ref.

5 Nothing horrendous but did n’t fill you with confidence. Quite inconsistent.
Perhaps just an off day - refs have them just as players do!