Rate the ref v Everton | Vital Football

Rate the ref v Everton

Could be argued both the FK for the first Everton goal and the penalty were soft, but justified. As things got spicier he managed things reasonable well, not least booking Pickford when he fetched up in our box.

9: very good, got the big calls right. Possibly a bit card happy but fair to both teams. The game flowed pretty well, and that is how a good referee should be judged.

8 - Sadly it was a penalty. I was directly in line with the incident and MOC stepped right across and took him out from the side. Can't blame him for missing the sneaky rabbit punch on Shack in the mele. Basically kept the lid on a competitive game that could have got tasty which allowed it to play out nicely.

I thought he was excellent from start to finish, kept calm in the melee after the penalty, was always around the play and unfussy

9/10

Could be argued both the FK for the first Everton goal and the penalty were soft, but justified. As things got spicier he managed things reasonable well, not least booking Pickford when he fetched up in our box.

Appalling behaviour by Pickford, running the length of the pitch to join in a brawl. He came across as an ill disciplined lout.

8.5. Still yet to see a bad ref this season, he managed it very well and prevented things from boiling over.

7.5. Pretty good. Would have been more but having seen the replays, I don't think it should have been a penalty. Also, Anderson's booking was harsh.

7.5. Pretty good. Would have been more but having seen the replays, I don't think it should have been a penalty. Also, Anderson's booking was harsh.

Funny that because Hortin said after watching the replay it was about right and DC agreed I reckon? I've seen it and he looked like he was sandwiched before being tripped.

7.0, generally ok, but felt one or two of the late bookings with the match gone, could have been avoided. Seen better this season.

Funny that because Hortin said after watching the replay it was about right and DC agreed I reckon? I've seen it and he looked like he was sandwiched before being tripped.

7 from me. I thought he had a great game but the penalty was very soft. He was sandwiched but that was after he had already started his fall from a thigh to thigh contact which was pretty minimal.

He was excellent other than that.

Last edited:
6 Just got the feeling he was showing Everton too much respect, unlike Lincoln were. Not a penalty in my book. Defenders will soon be banned from entering the penalty area in case they impede an attacker’s right to freely roam.

6 Just got the feeling he was showing Everton too much respect, unlike Lincoln were. Not a penalty in my book. Defenders will soon be banned from entering the penalty area in case they impede an attacker’s right to freely roam.
I couldn't have put it better myself. 6 from me too.