Rate the ref v Doncaster Rovers (away) | Vital Football

Rate the ref v Doncaster Rovers (away)

Well I thought he bottled the Bruno penalty, he was held back outside the area, the ref played advantage and he got inside, if the opponent continues to pull him back it's a penalty end of. Was too far away for the first half one to judge. Either way it probably cost us the game, we were on top and would probably of held on. For the rest of the match he was ok, the lino our end did not keep up with play and got two decisions wrong, one for each side. We lost ultimately because of our own defending.

6/10

Did ok for most of the game but got two game changing decisions wrong. I don’t expect him to get everything right but the big ones I do. Two defo pens for me. Bruno was fouled twice as James stated and not a difficult one to give and also Shacks was clearly fouled at the back post just as he was about to head the ball
4.5/10

1/10 the ref and his clueless sidekick got the match defining decisions wrong and cost the imps at least a point. My score is harsh as he got the run of the mill decisions correct. However, if he bottles the key moments then 1/10 it is.

Garbage 3/10 - 1 for running around the pitch; 1 for blowing his whistle even at inappropriate times; and 1 for being dressed smartly

Having just watched the ten minute highlights package this morning the challenge on JG in the first half was actually inside the box so another penalty was missed. How could he not see that from his position?
If possible I’d like to amend my mark to 3.5/10

Did ok for most of the game but got two game changing decisions wrong. I don’t expect him to get everything right but the big ones I do. Two defo pens for me. Bruno was fouled twice as James stated and not a difficult one to give and also Shacks was clearly fouled at the back post just as he was about to head the ball
4.5/10
Pretty much this. 2 pens missed, but thought he was ok otherwise. 4.5

Overall control okay... but should have awarded Lincoln 2 penalties definitely. Mostly there are calls for penalties every game, every time players come into contact and some will tell you we were robbed every week.

This is different.

The referee gave Lincoln 2 free kicks for fouls on Grant and Andrade.

The problem is both offences were in the box, not just outside. My first close up reaction to both was they were inside the box and a second look confirms this.

This is clear cut, 2 offences penalised both awarded in the wrong part of the pitch.

This time we were robbed.

Not generally terrible but made 2 match defining errors.

4/10

1/10
'He got most decisions right but the major ones' doesn't cut it.
Having been at the match and seen the iFollow highlights, he got 2 out of 3 penalty shouts wrong. (Grant and Shackell, Andrade's was correct if a bit slow).

This is professional sport, that's incompetent and Hicks has previous.

2/10
As most have said he got two major decisions wrong which undoubtedly cost us at least a point, maybe 3.
Unlike some I don't actually think he controlled the game very well either. There were 2 or 3 very poor challenges that went unpunished along with some very cynical fouls. For my money Donny were very lucky to finish the game with 11 men...