Rate the ref v Coventry City | Vital Football

Rate the ref v Coventry City

Jamesimp

Vital Squad Member
So a massive game gets a big name referee, Premier League ref Mike Jones is with us tonight, here is what Jules has to say https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/dude-wheres-your-card-coventry-city-v-lincoln-city/ , I wonder if the 4th official will be having a word with Bossie?

David Coote 8.83
Lee Collins 7.17
Scott Oldham 7.16
Darren England 7.13
Andy Woolmer 7.00
Nicholas Kinseley 6.90
Trevor Kettle (2) 6.75
Eddie Ilderton (2) 6.61
Craig Hicks (2) 6.58
Kevin Johnson 6.39
John Busby 6.28
Martin Coy 5.88
Antony Coggins 5.81
Carl Boyeson (2) 5.54
Gavin Ward 5.41
Graham Salisbury 5.16
David Webb 5.08
Darren Handley 4.83
Robert Jones 4.71
Robert Lewis 4.43
Tom Neild (2) 3.79
Graham Horwood (2) 3.68
Anthony Backhouse 3.61
Andy Haines 3.58
Sebastian Stocksbridge (4) 3.54
John Brooks (2) 3.32
Ross Joyce (2) 3.30
Brett Huxtable 2.92
Chris Sarginson 2.06

Excellent performance from the man in the middle last night, even though he did get a little 'card happy' towards the end!

8/10

Same here, he ignored all the play acting (including Rheady's 'head injury' when they scored), as for the cards thought they were about right, maybe should of been some more even.

8/10

8/10

Strong ref who let the game flow, although quite a clean game to referee.

Didn't mind the bookings, made it clear to Allsop when he was wasting time.

A very very good ref... a benchmark for all lower league referees to follow. In total control of the game throughout.

The only blot on his night looked like the Coventry penalty shout before we broke away for the 4th goal. That looked a nailed-on pen on the tv. That said, I thought we had no chance with the Bostwick appeal so what do I know?!

8/10

Card happy at the end and probably booked a player who had only been on a few minutes but let play flow throughout. Was it a penalty down the other end? He didn't think so and we scored from the subsequent counter attack. I will go along with the majority 8/10

7.5/10
Pretty good job, a bit card happy towards the end (4 in the last 6mins), I think one sub (Williams) got booked for a first challenge soon after coming on. Not seen the pen shout yet.
Allsop booked for time wasting fair enough if he had been warned, by the same score the Wycombe keeper would have had several cards if he’d been in charge for that one

Thought he got a bit carried away with the yellow cards towards the end of the game. Rheady got very little protection from him, but nothing new there, all in all he was a step up from the usual rubbish we have had to endure this season, 7.5/10...

8 for me. Spoilt a good match for him with the card flurry at the end. Should have booked their player for diving if it wasn't a pen.

Very good. Actually handled Lincoln's 'game management' very well. The only issue was not booking Biamou - surely a hot contender for the Sky Bet League Two Embarrassing Dive of the Season award.

9/10

8 from me. Managed the game well, injury time was about right. A bit card happy towards the end, thought he was going to try to book all 3000 of us for taking the p!

Did a great job under reasonably difficult circumstances. Let the game flow, didn’t fall for any of their antics in the first half or our time wasting in the second.

9/10

7 - pretty good, got most things right, including the 'penalty' which we couldn't see clearly but looked a ridiculously obvious dive on iFollow. Got a bit carried away with cards at the end which loses a mark.

So much better than the clowns we've mainly had this season, one of whom was 4th official of course - hope he had a headache and constant reminders of his offically incorrect red card.

8 Good performance probably one of the best this season, a slight criticism re the late yellow cards, being a bit harsh on Williams, bet no other complaints.