Rate the ref v Carlisle United (away) | Page 5 | Vital Football

Rate the ref v Carlisle United (away)

You realise mistimed tackles are often yellow cards?

This thread should really be called 'rate how pro imps the ref was'... as if we had been on the Carlisle end of the decisions people would have been agreeing with the red card and laughing at the player for coming on the pitch before he was supposed to... and giving 8/10.

I'm well aware that mistimed challenges are often yellow cards, but it doesn't mean that the first challenge by Shackell should have been.

I give a rating on the referee based on my view of his performance, not based on the result.

We're all entitled to our own opinions!

You realise mistimed tackles are often yellow cards?

This thread should really be called 'rate how pro imps the ref was'... as if we had been on the Carlisle end of the decisions people would have been agreeing with the red card and laughing at the player for coming on the pitch before he was supposed to... and giving 8/10.

Obviously a referee who has made game changing decisions against us is going to receive adverse marks from all of us, well nearly all as you bizarrely have given him an 8 out of 10.
Ah but that is your opinion and you have expressed it. And we can all do the same too.
And non-Imps objective opinions of this ref are that he is simply not up to it.
And I said in another post, how did he get to be a "top" referee and that the answer is most probably linked to his name - Mr Mason....

Obviously a referee who has made game changing decisions against us is going to receive adverse marks from all of us, well nearly all as you bizarrely have given him an 8 out of 10.
Ah but that is your opinion and you have expressed it.

I think imp73 was suggesting 8/10 is the mark Carlisle supporters would have given the referee.

Entering field of play without permission is a cautionable offence.
But is it one where ref must issue a caution or where it is his choice?
Also did Bolger actually enter without permission? The substitution had been declared by 4th official, the referee had accordingly stopped play in order for that substitution to happen and the linesman was administering it. So that's three match officials approving Bolger coming on. Where does "without permission" come into it?

I get that if a manager swaps a player without the officials approving it then there would be cautions for both the player leaving and the player joining but Bolger was being subbed with permission surely?
If I understood it correctly he entered the field before McCartan had left rather than without permission per se. So I suppose we had an extra player on the pitch

Ah but that is your opinion and you have expressed it. And we can all do the same too.
And non-Imps objective opinions of this ref are that he is simply not up to it.
And I said in another post, how did he get to be a "top" referee and that the answer is most probably linked to his name - Mr Mason....

Yeah... i didn't give a score.
But id say 5/10... as he got the big decisions right!