Rate the Ref : v Blackpool 30.5.2021 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Rate the Ref : v Blackpool 30.5.2021

I don't know what Refs get paid these days . Some one knows though and its going to be undisclosed you betcha!

2 - lost the plot in the second half, Johnson was blatantly blocked on the edge of the box, similar to De Brunye last night. Was generally crap in the second half. We lost to the better side, though at times we were playing 12 men

A strange performance from him. Conned by them at times. Throwing ball away going unpunished was peculiar. Not the worst, but not good. 4

Not sure how Dougall got away with just a yellow for a booking-worthy foul and immediately smashing the ball away. Surely 2 yellows, no?

Seemed to let alone of niggly stuff go for them but punished us for the same and gave us very little. I think what we want as fans is consistency, and he didn't deliver that. I expected better.

Overall - 5

I don't think it necessarily affected the outcome but he was shite. Couldn't work out if he was giving soft fouls or not giving soft fouls so just ended up being this random mess of giving stuff or not which was a bit tricky for players to work out.

Dougall clearly an important player on 3 or 4 dubious fouls before his yellow which was two yellows in itself too (know he'd never give that, but annoying when he's already cynically bundled over Johnson)

So not great. 3/10

Not sure how Dougall got away with just a yellow for a booking-worthy foul and immediately smashing the ball away. Surely 2 yellows, no?

Seemed to let alone of niggly stuff go for them but punished us for the same and gave us very little. I think what we want as fans is consistency, and he didn't deliver that. I expected better.

Overall - 5
Agree should have given him 2 yellows

3 need better in these major end of season finals.

Seemed to give Blackpool the benefit of foo many decisions, don't think that's down to bias.

6/10. First half thought he was pretty good (possible 8/10) but second half I thought he lost the plot a bit and was quite inconsistent with many decisions. Maybe the game got too quick for him? He definitely missed a couple of bad challenges on City players, but then again he could have given a handball or two against us - seen them given.

Certainly did not get the rub of the green with him, especially in the last half hour, seemed to lose it a bit with some tired challenges going in and kicking the ball away. Probably get a free donkey ride on Blackpool beach today. But he is not the reason we lost.

Very average, 5.

Last edited:
Needs to re-read the rule book after the Edun challenge was penalised. Not a great performance, but didn't cost us the game. 5

3/10 from me
1st half was ok but then got worse as the game went on. Big decision on the handball for the equaliser......going into half-time ahead it may have been a different game second half but we’ll never know

Last edited:
2 - lost the plot in the second half, Johnson was blatantly blocked on the edge of the box, similar to De Brunye last night. Was generally crap in the second half. We lost to the better side, though at times we were playing 12 men

2 as well.
1 point off for each time I was forced to yell at him for a wrong decision.
Must have been at least 8 such occasions in 2nd half alone.

I agree with bogboote, not busby standard but worse,A referee from northumberland, too close to Lancs, definite Blackpool man. with big matches as so the ref should come from other end of country. They were told to do the 2 young lads, and it worked Garbutt and Ballard should have walked. Rodgers was knocked over and kicked , and Johnson was shouldered into his chest, and could'nt believe it when looking at the ref no foul.The foul on Johnson in the box was a penalty.
When making changes MA should have changed the whole front line giving Morton, Scully and Anderson chance to run at them.
Further to all of the above, had the ball not been lost/given away by Grant we could well have beaten this team 1-0, and with patience scored another goal in doing so. With their 2nd goal thought Palmer should have saved it being identical to 1st. young Bursik would have saved both, and throughout the season don't think Palmer was as good as made out to be, definitely not a Champs div No 1 for me. Get Buesik full season loan from Stoke City.
well done boys( hope you are staying Harry.)