Rate the Ref : Tony Harrington Lincoln v Liverpool 24.09.2020 | Vital Football

Rate the Ref : Tony Harrington Lincoln v Liverpool 24.09.2020

sedgleyimp

Vital Champions League
Tonight's man in the middle was Tony Harrington. Give us your rating and opinion as to how he did

Personally I barely noticed him. Not a difficult match to ref though he should have booked Minamota for the nasty one on Grant.
I'll start with a decent enough 7

6/10. If he was refereeing a league game he should of booked both the Liverpool full backs, no.76 first half for bundling over Grant as he counter attacked, the other full back second half for his bad challenge on Bradley and the Japanese chap for the going down the Achilles of Grant.

Possibly add Archibald to the mix for raising his arm, would have to see it again. None of it would of altered the score, but no point in having the rules if you don’t referee to them.

6/10. If he was refereeing a league game he should of booked both the Liverpool full backs, no.76 first half for bundling over Grant as he counter attacked, the other full back second half for his bad challenge on Bradley and the Japanese chap for the going down the Achilles of Grant.

Possibly add Archibald to the mix for raising his arm, would have to see it again. None of it would of altered the score, but no point in having the rules if you don’t referee to them.
Not sure about him missing Bookings, but they would have had a soft pen in the second half with VAR.
I thought he was very good. Easy game to ref though, 2 teams wanting to play with no flash points at all.
8/10

Gave a couple of soft free kicks in dangerous positions, but otherwise handled the game without any fuss - that said, as neither side were getting stuck in, there wasn’t much for him to do other than blow for our offsides. Probably didn’t notice him because his whistle had worn out blowing for restarts, lol. 7/10.

Any referee you don't notice is a good ref even if the game was relatively easy. I'm sure most of us could name one or two referees who would have made last night all about them. A couple of fouls that were missed so overall 8/10

Was fine, in an easy enough game to ref.
Minamino booking seemed an obvious one, and there could have been an earlier Liverpool one for a blatant trip off the ball - disappointing he then immediately booked TJ.
Should have booked Klopp for leaving his technical area in 93rd minute

6.5 was decent apart from that foul by Minamino on Grant should have been a straight red. No attempt to play the ball, nasty challenge on the Achilles

Can give no more than a 6. Gave some very soft free kicks (for both sides), and blew his whistle every time a Liverpool player hit the grass. That seems to be the way now - if a player falls over, it must have been a foul. I am in two minds over whether the Grant incident was accidental or not, and remain unconvinced that the first goal was even a foul.