Rate the Ref : Marc Edwards Lincoln v Charlton 27.09.2020 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Rate the Ref : Marc Edwards Lincoln v Charlton 27.09.2020

I'm going 7. I thought he got most decisions right, let the game flow and spoke to players before just issuing cards. Obviously lost his patience and issued a few in the second half but I wouldn't be worried about having him ref us again.

I'd go a 6.

Got the major decisions correct in the first half but gave a few soft free kicks. Not sure about his understanding of advantage though.

Second half, seemed to lose it a bit and gave daft yellows for reasons that he had let go earlier in the game.

I am giving him 4. So inconsistent we had a player booked for kicking the ball away this after they had done it half a dozen times. Not clamping down on players pinching yards at throw ins, Charlton must have gained over 100 yards across the match. Showed far to many cards in a game that was not dirty.

6.5 Got the big penalty decision right and with the linesman I think got the judgement on the last touch offside correct.

Although the Lincoln players didn’t protest to much over it, I thought Ben Watsons double footed stamp on Grant was a straight red,but he never even got booked for it ?

Last edited:
6 - decent first half, woeful second when he lost the plot and went big time for assessor marks - 3 fouls and you’re booked, delay restart slightly and booked, etc.

5. Let bad tackles go unpunished, but gave free-kicks for very soft fouls. Seemed to be a bit all over the place. And as for stopping play because Grant got one in the knackers, well, I'm not surprised Bowyer ranted about that one. Bizarre.