Rate the ref. Mansfield away. 06/10/2020 | Vital Football

Rate the ref. Mansfield away. 06/10/2020

sedgleyimp

Vital Champions League
On a dodgy internet link and can't watch tonight but those that do please give a quick rating and review of whoever is in the middle tonight. I will tally and tidy

Ben Toner has clearly been replaced by a competent clone.

Worryingly good, reffed sensibly for the most part and when it looked like it might become a card fest mid second half he dialled it down, notably indicating when calling Grant over he wanted 'a word'.

8 !?

Really? Never would have thought Ben Toner could get a good mark, unless he was replaced because he was injured or something.

Don’t know what’s harder to get my head round, Toner reffing well, or Lincoln consummately winning away on the trot.

Really? Never would have thought Ben Toner could get a good mark, unless he was replaced because he was injured or something.

Don’t know what’s harder to get my head round, Toner reffing well, or Lincoln consummately winning away on the trot.
And your score is?

I thought that he did ok, played advantage well and yellow cards were correct. Quite liked him giving the foul throw against us in the first half and immediately giving it back to us when their guy lifted his foot
7.5/10

Actually, a very competent performance. 8.

Trump. Man U 1-6. Liverpool 2-7. Now, Toner having a good performance. Everything HAS gone mad in this world.

Have to say I didn’t realise it was Ben Toner until near the end when the commentator named him. Based on my unprejudiced assessment I thought he did quite well. Played advantages where he could, but brought playback where necessary. No howlers and most of the cards were justified. I’ll give him 7/10.

5 Not his worst. But it wasn't really a contest, so easy game to ref. I really can't bring myself to award him more, because of the previous matches I've seen him ruin.

A minor point, but the date is wrong in the title of this thread.

I did say I was on a dodgy internet link in the middle of nowhere....took about 6 attempts to even post it.........back to normal at home now so will tidy this up tomorrow if anyone has owt to add