Rate the Ref : Home to Shrewsbury 15.12.2020 | Vital Football

Rate the Ref : Home to Shrewsbury 15.12.2020

sedgleyimp

Vital Champions League
Craig Hicks was the man with the whistle tonight. How do you think he did. Votes and comments please

Missed the handball right on half time but being fair that was a decision the linesman should have made as the ref's position looked obscured, which was not the case with the lino.
Let Shrews get away with both some naughty tackles and time wasting. Chickened out on giving Whalley as second yellow for that one on Edun.
Not good
3/10

EDIT...have to say both linesmen were very poor and indecisive throughout and gave the referee no help at all

2. Total twat. You could see in the first five minutes that he was going to be crap. Very fussy and very whistle happy and made a meal of every free kick near the box. As Sedgley has already said, bottled the Whalley second yellow and missed a blatant handball in the box. Don’t hurry back.

3. He was shocking first half, their players and manager went to him at half time - Christ knows what about and he was worse second half. Total bottler. That’s two terrible ones in a row and not a Hux in sight

2. As already said, blatant handball before half time (linesman should have helped tbf). So much time wasting went unpunished, and to only add 4 minutes at the end was ridiculous. Several bad fouls by the Shrewsbury players but barely any of them booked.

Much has been said already but barely gave us anything all night and how the lino didn’t see the handball I’ll never know
3.5/10

Even 4th official was a twat.

Missed the handball, over fussy- spray and 10 yards for free kicks near half way? Get a grip and get on with it man!

4/10. Below average. Well fussy and some Questionable decisions, as per the reactions of both sets of players.

4/10 Totally not on top of the game, especially in the first half. Missed loads. Should have booked the Shrews keeper, hand ball miss etc.

2. Total twat. You could see in the first five minutes that he was going to be crap. Very fussy and very whistle happy and made a meal of every free kick near the box. As Sedgley has already said, bottled the Whalley second yellow and missed a blatant handball in the box. Don’t hurry back.
Instead of numbers for ratings, perhaps comments like "Toal twat" might do. Referee's hear that more often than "Two out of ten", being yelled at them during a match!

2 stonewall (maybe 3) pens that would’ve been given in the Prem. Whalley should’ve seen Red .... pathetic 2/10

3. He was shocking first half, their players and manager went to him at half time - Christ knows what about and he was worse second half. Total bottler. That’s two terrible ones in a row and not a Hux in sight

Don't diss the Hux!

Terrible from start to finish,0 mark for me, and if MA says 3 penalties it must have been I saw 2, linesman was dead in line with it, the CB used 2 hands and the ball was still in play. He has refereed 5 games for us and we lost all of them, surely tells it own story.

3 again, everything has been said already.

I feared the worst when I saw his average card count - over 4 cards per game.