Rate the Ref : Home to Portsmouth 3.11.2020 | Vital Football

Rate the Ref : Home to Portsmouth 3.11.2020

sedgleyimp

Vital Champions League
Carl Brook was in the middle tonight. How do you think he did. Scores out of 10 and comments please.

I'll run this one until Midnight on Thursday to comply with lockdown rules

Fine tbh 7

Highlight was him trying to kick the ball in the stand and it bouncing back.

I thought he had a really good game. Lots of use of advantage especially with that booking of Marquis a good minute after the foul.

We've had some good ones so far but this to me was the best

8.5/10 for me

Is the lack of crowds making players behave and put less pressure on the refs, or are they getting better as we move up the leagues?

7.5. I thought he was pretty good. Played advantage where he could, brought it back when he had to, wasn’t card happy and made no real howlers.

9 from me.
Can't think of a mistake, other than a few soft free-kicks, but that's probably just football these days.

9 ... I can’t think of a single decision he got wrong tbh, is the standard improving at this level, despite our consecutive defeats?

9 ... I can’t think of a single decision he got wrong tbh, is the standard improving at this level, despite our consecutive defeats?

Maybe because when we lose, we don't really lay a glove on the other team so much? There was a tiny bit of frustration at the end but that was it (we were just still trying to play).

I guess in some respects that is honourable but we definitely haven't made it difficult to play when losing. I guess the flip side is we also haven't unnecessarily lost our composure like the Ipswich and Oxford tackles...

I am going to give a 9 too. No mistakes I can remember, and I was very impressed that he was not fooled by players inviting contact or generally trying it on. As others have said, not a difficult match to referee because it was played in good spirit by two good teams.

Carl Brook races to the top of the charts with a mightily impressive average of 8.3125

Thanks to all who contributed and voted