Rate the Ref : Home to MK Dons 13.04.2021 | Vital Football

Rate the Ref : Home to MK Dons 13.04.2021

sedgleyimp

Vital Champions League
Bobby Madley was the man in the middle tonight. How do you think he did. Comments and votes out of 10 if you please

Good performance from him tonight. Possibly if we had some of the refs we have had this season Brennan could have gone in the first half. Thought he showed his experience and handled the game well. 8.5

It's tempting to give him a good mark because we won, but he actually had a decent game regardless. 7.5.

It could have been a red with no complaints. The Ref made an effort to keep the game flowing and I appreciated his measured and considered approach to any thing contentious rather than acting too hasty. A sort of Deluxe version of the Hux. Its an 8 from me

A solid 7 from me. Made the Johnson 2nd yellow card decision through giving him a silly first yellow card. Most refs only book players for kicking the ball away when they are trying to waste time. I think MK fans would be scoring him a lot lower, especially after Johnson scored a second half hat trick.

Only really caught up with this second half but from that half he was very good. Spotted the foul for the penalty, which many would have missed and correctly made Brennan re-take it as Scully nearly ran past Johnson before the kick was taken.
Second time this season we have been fortunate to have him in the middle
9 for me

Easy to correlate refs scores with results and I've marked some harshly recently, but you could tell he was Premiership class. Sensible with Johnson, having earned one stupid yellow he took the time to warn him for the foul a short while later. Penalty was a right call, as was the retake. MK plastics may object to both, but they got away with a few things as well.

Can only give him a 10, did not put a foot wrong. Sensible with the Brennan Johnson situation, spotted the foul on Rogers that I missed completely, and correct over retaking the penalty. Wish we could have him every week.

7.5. I think if we're mk Dons fans we would hugely mark down for the Johnson second yellow - he could have given it. I think he got it right the way he managed it but it wouldn't have been outrageous if he'd sent him off.

Plus mark for me is giving the Rogers pen and not relying on someone falling over - been terrible this year, only get a penalty I'd you throw yourself to the ground usually.

Lenient (I prefer them that way) or sensible without looking like losing control of the players or game. In any case he did a decent job.

MK may feel we got the rub of the green decision wise but what I really did like was that he didn't buy any diving whilst actually allowing tackles, and there were some good ones when we got stuck in second half.

It didn't half help make what could have gone badly turgid, actually flow. 9

7/10. During the first half I wasn’t sure he would retain control (turn to being nit-picky & card-happy) but second half he let the game flow and only produced cards when he needed to (though I thought Brennan was lucky to avoid a red - probably only because it was so soon after the first, but seen them given).