Rate the Ref : Home to Bristol Rovers 10.10.2020 | Vital Football

Rate the Ref : Home to Bristol Rovers 10.10.2020

sedgleyimp

Vital Champions League
Jeremy Simpson it was.............................ratings, comments and foul language as you please

I'm going 5/10
Probably in the minority here, but I thought he got both penalty shouts right. Absolutely no arguing with theirs. For ours, I thought our man initiated the contact by slowing to a near stop, and thrusting his arse back to the defender. Not so many years ago, nobody would have batted an eyelid at the decision. Only in today's sterile nigh on non-contact game do we think that's cast iron.
However, easy red card aside, I thought he made an awful lot of poor decisions. To play-on or not to play-on that is the question. Felt the majority of 50/50 calls went their way, and overall he was way to whistle heavy.

Called their penalty right and can't complain over Jackson's two yellow cards for the red.
Inconsistent use of advantage. Grant seemed clear on one occasion and he called it back for a free kick to us.
I do think it was a foul on McGrandles and he missed it.
3/10 for me

5/10.
Agree with much of what Plumbob says. we should have had the pen though. Hopper got the wrong side of defender who brought him down. We got very few decisions in the first half.

5. I thought both penalty decisions were correct too but he slowed an already slow game down and gave most 50/50s to them. Red card was fair enough. Bought their dives all game too.

Fussy, good use of advantage most of the time but some inconsistencies.

Thought penalty shout for McGrandles should have been given, got to the ball in front of the defender, as Thommo the said, why would he go down?

4.5 thought at half time he seemed poor so not a result driven score. Got the penalty for them and Jackson’s sending off right. I too thought we should have had a pen. Some of the other decisions and non advantage were woeful

I thought he had a poor game. Their penalty probably inside, ours should have been given, played a good advantage first half but failed to card their player afterwards and then failed to play an advantage when we were away, though did correctly give us a fk after trying to play on where no advantage materialised, inconsistencies with making players leave the pitch after injury ( stupid rule anyway when it’s an obvious injury) and also gave several soft fks to them but failed to give more obvious ones to us. He probably affected the result therefore I’m
struggling to give him more than a three.
3/10

Meant to be the brightest up and coming ref in the Championship according to someone we all know well.
Only listened so can only go on the commentary and sounded hugely inconsistent. Can't make one leave the pitch for a head injury and not the other side, was it because it was two players?

I'm going 5/10
Probably in the minority here, but I thought he got both penalty shouts right. Absolutely no arguing with theirs. For ours, I thought our man initiated the contact by slowing to a near stop, and thrusting his arse back to the defender. Not so many years ago, nobody would have batted an eyelid at the decision. Only in today's sterile nigh on non-contact game do we think that's cast iron.
However, easy red card aside, I thought he made an awful lot of poor decisions. To play-on or not to play-on that is the question. Felt the majority of 50/50 calls went their way, and overall he was way to whistle heavy.
You have saved me a fair bit of typing. My thoughts entirely. I better therefore also go 5.

I'm going 5/10

I think Plumbob described the penalty scenario spot on, the only problem is I think that at a refs conference or on var that would be a penalty every day. Personally I hate seeing players do it. As a defender once he gets goal side in front of you, you have to go to challenge from side on because if he doesn’t shoot he will stop to create the contact from behind. 6.5/10 Got one big decision wrong, but got the other ones correct.

Didn’t see much wrong to be honest. Got the big calls right. Yes, some 50/50s that seemed a bit baffling, but nothing that swung the game one way or the other. Wasn’t helped by poor assistants. Not quite sure why so many got so worked up about the Ref (although it’s fun isn’t it) as it was we contrived to perform poorly and throw game away from a winning position. 6/10.

Surprised at some of the ratings here.

Thought ours was a penalty, defender got on the wrong side and was clumsy - elsewhere on the pitch and it’s a free kick.

Montsoma made to go off (right, by the daft rule) but then their 2 players down injured allowed to stay on.

Their penalty and red card correct, but inconsistent free kicks and advantages.

3.5/10 for me.