Rate the Ref : Home to Accrington 14.02.2021 | Vital Football

Rate the Ref : Home to Accrington 14.02.2021

sedgleyimp

Vital Champions League
Martin Coy was the man in the middle tonight (this evening?....these kick off times are confusing)...anyhoo how do you think he did. Comments and votes out of 10 please

4. Thought he was very poor. Totally summed up for giving a foul against Rogers after their player had made a good tackle on him in the first half then got hurt in the process. Seemed to be whoever did the best job of falling over or rolling around got the foul. He’s an accident waiting to happen.

Seemed to difficulty distinguishing between a fair tackle and a foul, got too many wrong for me.
Pretty much my thoughts. After about 20 minutes, I thought he'd decided if a player was on the deck it must be a foul.
Not terrible, didn't impact the result. We've had a lot better this season.
5/10

He was fine most of the time, quite sensible actually (apart from stopping our break away for the Accy player feigning injury but he would say he was following protocol). 7.5

7/10. Seemed inconsistent as to what wasn't a foul, but probably got most of it right. A bit too fussy for me.

8.5 Thought he had a good game, when people go down holding there heads, if he believes it or not sadly he has to blow up.

He was ok. The head injury rules are easily exploited by teams seeking advantage at a particular instant. They appeared to use this to good effect, but what can a ref do? 7/10