Rate the Ref : Bradford v Lincoln 15.09.2020 | Vital Football

Rate the Ref : Bradford v Lincoln 15.09.2020

sedgleyimp

Vital Champions League
Geoff Eltringham was the man in black this evening whilst we whupped the Bantams. How do you think he did. Rating and comments would be appreciated.

Bit of a mixed bag I thought. Allowed Bradford to get away with a few kicks on our attackers in the first half. Could have given a red for their defender for the foul right on half time, but still some distance from the goal. Not something to get too excited about.
I'll give him an okay 6

As has been said ; Bradford should have been down to 10 for the second half, so a 6 for me.

No argument with the non-red, Morton was a long way from goal, but Bradford's defenders had been climbing over him unpunished first half.

Otherwise sensible and unobtrusive.

Didn't particularly notice him for much of the game which is a good sign for me. I think the Morton challenge, whilst cynical, was probably a bit too far from goal to be a clear red. Also sensibly dealt with the Montsma scuffle at the end - 8.

7.5 - Made his decisions quickly and clearly; not the most difficult of games, but some of that is down to the ref himself.

Well, I am going to be harsh and give 5.5. There were cards not given at 4 down that should have been given. The ref should not be influenced by the scoreline in his decision making.

Methinks this has run its natural course.

Geoff Eltringham scores a very respectable average score of 6.75.

Let's hope the standards shown over the early games continue

Thanks to all who contributed