Rate the Ref : Away to Wigan 20.02.2021 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Rate the Ref : Away to Wigan 20.02.2021

6 for me.

Didn’t change the game, let some robust challenges go but then would blow for some soft challenges.

Didn’t buy the Wigan players throwing themselves to the floor in the penalty area late on - some refs would have given them I feel.

Johnson booking was bizzare, the whistle had not been blown and play was still active but booked him for kicking the ball away.

5. Very inconsistent, missed blatant fouls like the one on Grant just before they scored and then gave fouls for nothing. Not surprised really, he’s consistent in one thing and that’s in being crap.

5 for me. Seemed eager in the latter stages to give a lot of yellows after trying his hardest to keep his cards in his pockets early on. Think he missed a few decisions all round.

4. High time Mr Kettle was put out to grass. He struggles to keep up with play. 45 years of age this year so unless granted a +1 will have to retire on the 31st of December. He wont be missed.

4. High time Mr Kettle was put out to grass. He struggles to keep up with play. 45 years of age this year so unless granted a +1 will have to retire on the 31st of December. He wont be missed.

I wouldn't hold your breath for that to happen. Plenty over 45 now and with few coming through I can't see it being enforced

Been doing our games since 2004 , his first was a 4 1 win over Mansfield, he gave them a dodgy penalty...
He never changes!

Oh dear, a real lottery with this guy, bad fouls play on, innocuous challenges yellow card. Not all bad as did try to play advantage where possible and brought it back after some time for a free kick if nothing materialised which I quite liked. Just a bit on edge with him. Thought he was a homer
4/10

Very poor standard, but then again what do you expect from him,5 for me , please don't come again, not a good game anyway, did'nt expect it to be after the first 20 minutes you could see what was coming.

I really like and really loathe Trevor Kettle's refereeing.
He doesn't buy alot of the play acting and falling over that goes on.
But then he will make some random, weird and inconsistent decisions.

So evening all that out

6/10

(For the Mr Kettle haters - interesting that Anthony Backhouse - who I think is now a very decent referee was present as 4th official - which seems a bit of a waste)

4.5 - really not sure what to make of him. He seemed determined to let play continue at every opportunity but sometimes wrongly, I thought. The cards were largely OK but a bit inconsistent throughout.