Rate the Ref : Away to Sunderland 20.03.2021 | Vital Football

Rate the Ref : Away to Sunderland 20.03.2021

sedgleyimp

Vital Champions League
Carl Boyeson was the self appointed reason we shelled out £10 today. How do you think he did.

Votes out of 10 and comments please

A generous 2.

Fussy - that nonsense with the corners! Self important to Mike Dean level; some odd decisions against both sides.

Most importantly, abject failure of responsibility in not giving Wyke a second yellow, for the foul which laid out Monstma never mind the one he got a 'talking to' for and similar to the foul Bridcutt was booked for later.

3. Worst performance i have ever seen from a referee that first 15 minutes to be honest. Over the 90 still poor and got decisions wrong for both sides

For me -1.As 2 Sunderland players should have seen red. As MA said in interview we were playing 14 today not 11. I said before the game we would have problems with him, we could have won 1-0 if Rodgers had'nt messed around in first half near corner flag . We have now got a team back, and we can move on up again with decent results.

5. Probably not as bad we think, but below average.
Inclined to agree, but 4 from me. His early antics with the corners were ridiculous. Think he almost tried too hard to make it clear who was in charge, to the point where he began to look silly at times.

3 , as already said pedantic and then showed a complete lack of a backbone by not dealing with Wyke . Didn’t expect much more when I saw he was the referee.

8 - I actually didn’t think his decisions were too bad. Some were frustrating but it was a great match that he didn’t affect too much.

1. Pathetic performance. Wyke should have a 2nd yellow twice but bottled it - if he’s not got the balls then give up. Player shoving Johnson in the chest was a clear yellow at least. The nonsense with the corners was embarrassing. He’s got no better over the years

I've seen inept referees before, but struggle to think of one that actually seems to revel in his own ineptitude.

Very fruitful Sunderland tactic - crash into a Lincoln player from any angle, throw self to floor theatrically with arms outstretched and get away with the foul, or as an added bonus pick up a free kick yourself.

Boyeson gets a begrudging 1 for at least causing some drama, by getting me to shout out at the screen on a regular basis throughout the match.

I've seen inept referees before, but struggle to think of one that actually seems to revel in his own ineptitude.

Very fruitful Sunderland tactic - crash into a Lincoln player from any angle, throw self to floor theatrically with arms outstretched and get away with the foul, or as an added bonus pick up a free kick yourself.

Boyeson gets a begrudging 1 for at least causing some drama, by getting me to shout out at the screen on a regular basis throughout the match.

And a zero from me.

4 - the 'chats' and 'checking' were annoying, pointless and far too numerous - 2 corner checks, a word with Johnson on the side-lines, 2 interjections at corners, several missed fouls, a corner given against Johnson when he fell on the floor and shepherded the ball out on his hands and knees, an off-side against Johnson when he didn't touch the ball. Other than that I think he was great and I only wish he had done more to make himself known to the camera, so that we would all realise who the most important person on the pitch was.