Rate the Ref : Away to Sunderland 20.03.2021 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Rate the Ref : Away to Sunderland 20.03.2021

2 Self-important, self-obsessed bottler. Wyke should have walked, end of.

Started with the over-officious marching out to the corner flags and didn't get much better. He tried to make it all about him, but thankfully, the game didn't let him.

The writing was on the wall when he asked Johnson not to call him nasty names early in the game rather than deal with his dissent. McGreedy called him every thing from a pig to dog and the Ref again requested he ceased his foul mouthed tirade .He didn't and neither did the rest of the players all match. . Wyke gets a chat rather than a red .Innocuous challenges are penalised GBH is ignored .I thought he was poor for both teams though and the commentators were as convinced as us he was going to do something controversial . Surprisingly he didn't do anything too OTT so its a 5 for the weird Referee

6 from me. I didn't think he was that bad and even though it was foolish he was clearly reacting to very loud shouting from the bench r.e. the corner quadrant.

Ironically the ball was in the quadrant today yet we have seen loads of corners (by us and opposition) this season in the near left corner where there is no Lino that have clearly not been in the quadrant. Jorge always does that. lol

What a dickhead. He really loves himself. He's been like that for years, they must be struggling for refs if he makes the grade every year. Got slightly better as the game went on but the bar was set ridiculously low. Far too fussy but bottled the big calls.

3/10.
1. Over-officious with the corner placing.
2. Wyke should have had a second yellow, and thus red, for that awful tackle
3. The worst for me was the regular assaults on the Lincoln players when they kept getting hauled back but got nothing most of the time.
4. Morton should have had a penalty in the build-up to the goal (justice that he scored) when the defender tried to haul him back by the neck.
5. On the plus side he tried to let the game flow and mostly kept his cards in his pocket.

Just a thought - presumably the referees get assessed and marked? Doesn’t this determine what level they referee at? If that’s the case how come Boyeson is reffing L1 games? He has a history of being exceedingly bad, over-officious and missing key aspects of a game and should be nowhere near a L1 ref.

Arrrgh. Would have been 4 but for the Wyke-Montsma debacle which was shameful and the appalling challenge on Bramall.

Carl Boyeson scores a pretty inept average of 2.96

That is actually a small improvement on the other game he reffed us in this season (man city in the pizza trophy) so he's clearly getting better at it

Thank you as always