Rate the Ref : Away to Shrewsbury 27.4.2021 | Vital Football

Rate the Ref : Away to Shrewsbury 27.4.2021

sedgleyimp

Vital Champions League
Ollie Yates was the man with the whistle tonight. How do you think he did. Comments and votes out of 10 please

Not impressed. The second match in a row where an opposition player should have been given a second yellow, and it hasn't happened.

Grant was clearly a target in the first half.

In terms of a rating, I'll give it some thought, but I doubt It'll be higher than 5.

Allowed Shrews too much leeway for a physical approach to the game, hope Grant in particular has no injury problems as a result.

No game changing decisions otherwise but poor control, so 4 .

Started well by getting his cards out for two nasty fouls by them, but then became more lenient. Bit of a strange performance but no major issues. I'm in a generous mood so will go 6

Used his cards correctly in the first half but seemed to turn into a homer in the second half. Gave us nothing in the second half, not a good performance from him. A generous (because we won) 5.

Last edited:
Davis committed multiple fouls in the first half - no booking. Kicked the ball away gets booked. Second half continues fouling - no second yellow. Shrewsbury took their throw ins from wherever they wanted. He sent a player back 15 yards in second half who then took 2 run ups back to where he was to start with.
Just 2 reasons why I give him a 2.

Yes he wasnt great but if we compare him to the standard of others we have had this season, he is probably not even in the worst ten. For me, if 6 is still the average rating ill give him that

Let far too many challenges go without free kicks or yellows. For both sides but many more from them than us.

Grant and Morton went through it a bit, but like his previous game he did for us, he did let the game flow, and also waved alot to play on, which L thought was good 7.

Had a good handle on the game for the first 20-30 minutes and was taking no nonsense from the Shrewsbury thugs. Then, went totally AWOL, and lost the plot completely.
First half: 7
Second half: 3