Rate the Ref : Away to Plymouth 27.02.2021 | Vital Football

Rate the Ref : Away to Plymouth 27.02.2021

sedgleyimp

Vital Champions League
Kevin Johnson was the man in yellowy lime green today. How do you think he did. Votes out of 10 and comments please

I actually thought he did pretty well playing plenty of advantages.
Did seem to like talking to players but making it obvious that was exactly what he was doing.
Got our first penalty spot on (not very difficult), but thought the second was a little soft
An above par 7/10

5. Fornah should have had two yellows. Lewis had too late ones on Poole yet didn’t get booked. A couple of naughty late ones in second half which also should have had yellows. The players quickly worked out what they could away with, which was a lot. In no way to blame for our loss but I don’t know think he had a good game

7.5 - He liked too many long conversations for my liking but I thought he was a very good referee otherwise.

Sorry to disagree with above comments but without my rose tinted goggles on I think the ref got it right - the first was a nailed on yellow, the second yellow would have been extremely soft for my liking

7 overly fussy but got most decisions right.

Sensible to warn their 18 in lieu of what would have been a harsh second yellow. Second late challenge on Poole should have been yellow.

7. Ok - liked the way he spoke to the players & let them know what would happen if they transgressed again. played advantages well, but a little inconsistent on occasions.

He ended up getting a 5 from me, would have been higher if he would have correctly given the 2nd yellow in the first half to the Plymouth player.

Completely bottled the potential Plymouth sending off, indirectly that may have got us the second slightly soft pen. Otherwise a reasonable game that he will have enjoyed.

The second challenge was not worthy of a yellow and a final warning was suffice.

The 2nd penalty wasn’t a penalty imo, but can see why it was given.