Rate the players | Vital Football

Rate the players

Basha73

Vital Football Legend
Ok so the window is shut and all we can do now is assess the players who have come in and hope they are good enough to at least keep us in the division.

Here is how I see it:

Horvath 6/10
On paper he looks a decent signing but he will only be of use if he either improves Samba and/or takes the starting spot.

Tutu 5/10
Looks decent but also injury prone. Jury very much out on this one.

Drager 6/10
Looks to have been brought in just in case. Has international pedigree but was third choice for Oly.

Lowe 6/10
Failed in the Prem but earned a move there in the first place. Needs to get match fit quickly. Rumoured to be better going forward than defending. He just needs to be better than Bong.

Garner 8/10
The one most of us wanted. Probably as good as any midfielder in the division. A lot rests on those young shoulders.

Ojeda 6/10
Who? Apparently we have shelled out up to £2m for this unknown. Rated quite highly but we aren’t going to see him til October at least and we have to hope he slots in quickly.

Zink 8/10
Looks a very good player. Only downside is that he is only here til January. Would like to see if we could get him permanent but unlikely.

Silva 3/10
Rating owes more to the fact that we were expecting better. A forward who doesn’t score but who is quick and was liked by West Ham fans. We live in hope…

Spence 6/10
A right back who can play left back but who is also playing right wing. Sounds useful and counts Southampton and Leicester among his admirers but Warnock was not convinced by his attitude.

Lots of middle of the road ratings in there but that seems to be the way this window has gone. Let’s hope we are pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:
How many would’ve predicted what the hell has happened with Antonio

Bit early to be rating the players yet
It was first impressions chap. Whether we feel the players brought in good, crap or indifferent…

Horvath 7/10

Tutu 4/10

Drager 4/10

Lowe 4/10

Garner 9/10

Ojeda 7/10

Zinckernagel 7/10

Silva 1/10

Spence 5/10

How many would’ve predicted what the hell has happened with Antonio

Bit early to be rating the players yet

I did ...go back to his freds when he was about to sign or signed

Someone I know who worked at Wednesday and was a fan said I should watch some clips of him

He said that on his day he would be the best player in the championship fortunately for us he was very inconsistent before came to us

Horvath has played well when I've seen him and looks a confident keeper, don't expect him to oust Samba though. 6.5

Osei-Tutu looks quite exciting. Will get forward plenty either way, which is what we need in that position. 7

Drager I've never seen but has played regular football at a higher level, albeit for a failing Paderborn team. It's a guess but 6

Lowe has done fine at this level before, this is an opportunity to show what he's learned in the season in the Prem. 6.5

Garner is a very useful player and he'll continue to improve off the ball through the season, 7.5 rising as we go.

Ojeda shouldn't be expected to step straight into the team due to his age, relocating and the step up in quality. May be blooded gradually. It worries me that when asked about the lad Hughton immediatly says he has a good profile - this makes me worry they've not watched him play, as it's analytics talk. That being said, they're not alone in not having watched him, for all I know he could be the next Roberto Acuna. This season 5 or 6?

Zinckernagel is a class player. This is a few times I've seen people say he is only here until January- I'm under the impression he's here until May but if somebody knows differet that's a shame. 8

Silva is another I've not seen play - again, you'd like to think they're watching these players beforehand but previous evidence suggests otherwise. 5

I didn't know that Spence can play on the left, which is great news, I've seen a bit of him and he's good going forwards, not there yet defensively but it's the kind of player this system needs. 7.5 if he can play on the left too, or 7

It's all immaeteerial at this point having not (knowingly) seen any of the new signings.. ,we seem to have signed a Brazilian center back too?
Until we blood these new signings we won't know how good they are.
Generally we are signing younger players and I'm generally in favour of that.
By the look of things we are stronger in the full back / wingback areas than a couple of weeks ago.
Not inspired, but...perhaps we are actually gearing up for a 3-5-2 after all?
Let's see what happens?